 Trains / Train Organizations / 727
Re: New Interurban/Trolley model, perfect for those downtown scenes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:22:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Frank Filz writes:

There's a reply now, your URL didn't work, the URL I got from the search
is:

http://x58.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?
AN=673920837&CONTEXT=969972949.2054291553&hitnum=1

Yes I see that my old URL (which I bookmarked) didn't work again, and I bet
yours will not work for anyone else or even for you after your session/context
expires.

Deja is making it really hard to give references to particular posts, not like
it used to be in the old days before they realised they had to make money. I
suspect the strategy now is to make you walk in through the front door in the
hopes that you will see more of the ads.

Looks like you're off to a favorable start.

Ya, it was a cute anecdote.

To your point about the NMRA and AFOL sentiment, I think you may be on to
something. I don't think John Neal was a model railroader, although I could be
wrong. Or Mike Poindexter either, and those are the names that come to mind as
thought leaders in the "we don't need the NMRA" camp.

Hm... wonder if we could get Kevin L to make it a survey topic.