 Trains / Train Organizations / 756
Re: Got NMRA?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:00:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:

John Gerlach wrote:

In lugnet.trains.org, James J. Trobaugh writes:
I'm open to suggestions for the presentation, I have a pretty good outline • in
my head, now I just need to start putting it together. I have a few months • so
I'm sure I'll change my mind a few times.

jt
Here are some of the features I would point out to people when I
was working at the LEGO Imagination Center:

Ease of track connection - it simply snaps together.
Reliable - trains will run for hours non-stop.
Flexible - because you can use pieces from ANY Lego set.
Quiet running
Low voltage - safe for young kids
Lego sells other 9volt systems that are compatible with trains (lights,
MindStorms, etc...)

And the biggest feature:  If something breaks, you just snap it back • together!

I don't think you need to bring up the 6-wide vs. 8-wide debate yet...  ;-)

That's good advice, J-1, except for the last part....I bet those guys would • get a
kick out of it because now it's starting to get up their alley  (Besides, an • hour
is a loooong time to talk...;-)  And why not include a 4 wide and 14 wide?
Seeing LEGO sitting on HO and G trucks might turn their crank, too (it does
mine:-)

-John

JohnG, GMLTC

I was planning on at mentioning the 6 vs 8 wide "debate", so that the people
there know that the LEGO train community has it's own internal infractions
just like many of the other scales do. Don't want LEGO trains to sound so cut
and dry, I think it says alot about the hobby. It points out that a) there is
a lot of room for imagination and flexablity b) not all LEGO train hobbiest
think on the same lines. I think it's one of the greatest things about LEGO
trains, no limits and no rules.

jt