 Trains / Train Organizations / 741
Re: Train Purity (was Got NMRA? (was....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 02:33:09 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Dan Parker writes:

Iow, 'purity' is a sliding line, and I'd support adapting O-equipment if TLG
bailed on us.

Yes. I'd do it. I'd support it. I just wouldn't *like* it as much. But I'm
much less pure than I was. If someone made a viable DCC kit that was
installable by a guy who usually picks up the wrong end of the soldering iron,
I'm there. If someone makes a well packaged coupler that improves on the
magnets, I'm there. If someone makes track that interoperates, I'm there.

And that's just what I'd accept assuming TLC didn't bail 100% but also didn't
supply these items. If they DO bail, anything goes. It just won't be as much
fun.

++Lar