 Trains / 7478
Re: 8 wide trolley??? (was new interurban/trolley from MTW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:25:13 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

PS

This model is "technically" 8 wide. Hear that John Neal?

"Technically" 8 wide???  Hmmm....just wondering how that is different than just
plain ol' 8 wide....  Freddie Mercury couldn't have said it any better....
(Another one bites the dust;)

I say that because it has steps at the center and the bottom step, below the
door, sticks out a stud from the body. This is prototypical, but it makes the
body 8 wide, just in that spot. Also the 1x1 clips stick out almost a stud,
and the mirrors, if fully extended, stick out almost 2 studs on each side.

Yo-- 8 wide is 8 wide:-)

The wheelbase of this streetcar is fairly short for its length since it has no
couplers and so the body overhang on the inside of curves, even with this step
sticking out an extra stud isn't *too* bad. But don't build any stations on
curves and expect to make it work. It may or may not clear the old GMLTC
layout either, which had some tight clearances.

Moot point for sure, for the layout is about a quarter demo'ed and resorted....

-John

My doodlebug doesn't but it's
a lot longer (10 studs longer wheelbase?)

++Lar