 Trains / Train Organizations / 753
Re: Got NMRA?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:57:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, James J. Trobaugh writes:
I'm open to suggestions for the presentation, I have a pretty good outline in
my head, now I just need to start putting it together. I have a few months so
I'm sure I'll change my mind a few times.

jt
Here are some of the features I would point out to people when I
was working at the LEGO Imagination Center:

Ease of track connection - it simply snaps together.
Reliable - trains will run for hours non-stop.
Flexible - because you can use pieces from ANY Lego set.
Quiet running
Low voltage - safe for young kids
Lego sells other 9volt systems that are compatible with trains (lights,
MindStorms, etc...)

And the biggest feature:  If something breaks, you just snap it back together!

I don't think you need to bring up the 6-wide vs. 8-wide debate yet...  ;-)

JohnG, GMLTC