 General / 22316
Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:48:15 GMT

Reinhard \"Ben\" Beneke wrote:

In lugnet.general, Gary Istok writes:

Gary Istok wrote: • [snip]

Hey Frank,  I know that you 've been hoarding those small yellow classic • windows (1x1x1, 1x2x1,
1x1x2).  Can you give me a breakdown of the ones you have, and their type.  My • population in
these is not as big as I would like (never is), but they are of enough variety • to make further
study necessary.  That's where you can help (or anyone else for that • matter!!!!!).

I have 16 of the 1x1x1 windows in yellow.  None have glass, nor any protruding
window sills.

Same with my approximated 20 yellow 1x1x1 windows also.

They are probably all from 1970's train sets, and #390, and #398 model kits.

I have 9 of the 1x2x1 (low) windows in yellow.  All have glass, and 4 of the 9 • have window sills
(these 4 are from 325 Shell sets).  The remainder are probably from 1970's
train sets.

I have just one with sill, and 3 without from 147 and 180.

I have 6 1x1x2 (tall) windows in yellow.  None of them have protruding sills • (all 70's train
sets?), and only 1 has glass.  This is the window that is most baffling to me. •  Did the 5
without glass have glass at one time? (All have some play wear)  Or did some • trains come with
glass, some without.

All my yellow windows in 1x1x2 (exept from one obviously damaged one) have
glass (in sets 724, 726, 183, 180 and 181 / are there even more sets?). I think
since even the black ones from 7730 and 7750 came with glass, this kind of
window has always had glas and yours are defected ones too.

And since I am on a yellow window tangent, all my 1x2x2 yellow windows are • without protruding
window sills, except the 4 I have from two #325 Shell Stations from 1966-70. • I am assuming that
this was not only the first year that these yellow windows were produced • (actually the first
year for any yellow windows/doors), but this was probably the only set that • had these "with
sills" windows (1x2x2 and also the 1x2x1).

I agree, but I'm not sure about.

And while you're at it Frank, please check your classic yellow doors and the • 1x6x3 windows.  I
have about 35 of the doors and 8 of the windows, and I've only found 2 types • for each  (with and
without holes on top by the studs -  the doors had one or none, and the large • 1x6x3 windows had
two or none.  Any other variations???

I will check at home and tell, if I find more types (but actually I have not
more than 4 of each).

Kind Regards,

Ben

Thanks Ben,  I guess Frank is busy right now.   :-)

I also have some of the 1x2x1 and 1x1x2 windows in red or white without the glass
(some are in mint condition). Most of these are from Germany. Were these always
supposed to have the glass?  If so, then maybe there was a problem with the glass
falling out at some point (perhaps a design flaw) - since the 1972-80 windows
without the window sills are the ones in question.

I know that the 1x1x1 windows came with and without glass (375/6075 Yellow Castle
had no glass), but I was wondering about these other two small sizes.

Vielen dank Ben!

Gary Istok