 Trains / 7411
Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:36:10 GMT

Looks like you beat me to it. But its great to finally see one. Great work!

We have been talking about these for a couple years in PNLTC but no one has
tried it to date. I just started working on one since G2K but haven't posted
yet. My biggest issue is the wheel arrangements. I choose the 4-6-2,2-6-4 over
the 4-8-2,2-8-4 because the drivers wheels are smaller on the 4-8-2,2-8-4.
Since I use the "floater" method; where the drivers rest on top of the track,
it makes the "2" axle really hard to keep perpendicular to the rail and it
also must support the floaters. I'm still struggling with this. I have thought
about going with a 4-6-4,4-6-4 and I might "have" to in the end????
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Stacy Bledsoe writes:
I have posted a few pictures on Brickshelf.com of the Beyer-Garrett that I
have been building.  It is still in Design Development, there are a few things
I still need to work on, mostly detailing.  But, I thought I would give you
all a look-see since a few of you were interested.  Please post any comments
or suggestions.
Thanks,
Stacy