 Trains / 7408
Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:20:37 GMT

James Powell wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Stacy Bledsoe writes:
I have posted a few pictures on Brickshelf.com of the Beyer-Garrett that I
have been building.  It is still in Design Development, there are a few things
I still need to work on, mostly detailing.  But, I thought I would give you
all a look-see since a few of you were interested.  Please post any comments
or suggestions.

Impressive, Stacy.   I am not that familiar with this type; do you have any
proto-photos from which you are working?

Thanks,
Stacy

Nice!  Now we have someone beating the Yanks at large engines :).

Brace yourself if Dan Siskind ever gets around to converting his Big Boy to 8
wide:-)  (although his 8 wide Dash 9 is pretty large, too...)

-John

Some
comments:  The firebox looks too small, and the boiler should be more squatted
down.  They go out to the loading gauge, and are as short as possible typically
on a garrett.  I'm not sure, but this one is modeled on a EAR one?

James