 Trains / Train Organizations / 709
Re: New Idea for Rail Ties
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 14:30:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, James Powell writes:

My list would go:
1. Larger radius curve, about 2x current.
2. Different style of point geometry
3. 1/8-1/2 straight box with 8 pieces (makes 2 full straights)
4. Y points
5. Electrical control track (Signal, like the 12V one)

James

I agree with this wish list ans would like to add some more specific points :

1) whole english point (this is a point where you can go any way,straight
through or deviate to an other track, used in real live in stations)
for example see :
http://www.marklin.de/produkte/produkte_cdrom/image.php?bezeichnung=Doppelte%
20Kreuzungsweiche&nr=2260

2) when a larger radius becomes available, points to place IN a curve, so we
can drive from the inner circle to the outher circle
for example see :
http://www.marklin.de/produkte/produkte_cdrom/image.php?bezeichnung=Weiche%
20links&nr=2268

3)this one could also be interesting :
http://www.marklin.de/produkte/produkte_cdrom/image.php?
bezeichnung=Symmetrische%20Dreiwegweiche&nr=2270

4) crossing track as the 4519 but at a 27.5° angle.
  for example see :
http://www.marklin.de/produkte/produkte_cdrom/image.php?
bezeichnung=Kreuzung&nr=2259

Regards,