 Trains / Train Organizations / 710
Re: New Idea for Rail Ties
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 16:00:03 GMT

I agree with this wish list ans would like to add some more specific points :

1) whole english point (this is a point where you can go any way,straight
through or deviate to an other track, used in real live in stations)
for example see :
http://www.marklin.de/produkte/produkte_cdrom/image.php?bezeichnung=Doppelte%2
0Kreuzungsweiche&nr=2260
(Double Slip switch)

2) when a larger radius becomes available, points to place IN a curve, so we
can drive from the inner circle to the outher circle
for example see :
http://www.marklin.de/produkte/produkte_cdrom/image.php?bezeichnung=Weiche%
20links&nr=2268
(Curved Turnout)

3)this one could also be interesting :
http://www.marklin.de/produkte/produkte_cdrom/image.php?
bezeichnung=Symmetrische%20Dreiwegweiche&nr=2270
(Three Way Turnout)

4) crossing track as the 4519 but at a 27.5° angle.
for example see :
http://www.marklin.de/produkte/produkte_cdrom/image.php?
bezeichnung=Kreuzung&nr=2259
-27.5% crossing.

I'd like to see all of them too...but, my priority would be a larger curved
track first.  That's the set I'd LIKE lego to make, if not, I might start doing
some more investigation about how to go about making lego track again...I did
get some distance into it before, but moving here kind of killed my lines of
enquiry.

Does anyone know if Lego holds the patent for the clip together system?  I
don't think they do, but would like confermation, before I start going into
depth investigation again.

James