 Trains / Train Organizations / 688
Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:42:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Mike Walsh writes:

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Steve Bliss wrote:
So, has anyone asked LEGO Direct to sponsor a Kids Railroad Area by
supplying the LEGO parts?  Seems like it could be a win for both TLC and
the LTC.

A loan of a K-8 would be a great way to stock a KRR. All you'd have to
add then would be track, a few train motors, some train wheels and some
couplers, and possibly some large plates.

I would assume one would pre-stock the KRR with some pre-built car and
engine chassis, and possibly even build up an engine and a car or two to
give the kids something to start with.

--

So has anyone figured out a way to have LEGO donate (or loan) a K-8 to
support a LEGO exhibit at a train show?

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

If you live near a LEGO store/imagination center/park ask the manager to
loan you a K8 for the show.  They keep a couple of them around to
stock the play table in the store and for special events.

Another alternative is to ask Lego Direct (legodirect@lego.com).   They
shipped us a couple for BrickFest and we appreciated it alot!

We kept those and still use them for WAMALUG events as you can see here:

at our recent train show.

KL