 Trains / Train Organizations / 673
672  |  674
Subject:
Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 19:15:38 GMT

I have a question for all the LTCs that have had "kid play areas" on thier
layouts. This summer we at the NGLTC had a section that the kids were allowed
to drive the trains, and this October we're planning on going a steop futher
and having a full section for the kids to build and drive trains.

The question is how do you keep these areas under control? Do you limit the
time kids can play? How do you keep parents from just dropping off kids and
leaving you to babysit while they look around the rest of the show? Any other
issues or hints that you may have would be welcome also.

jt

----
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club