 Trains / Train Organizations / 676
Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 18:15:23 GMT

[snipped lugnet.trains from newsgroups header, doesn't everyone who reads
one, read the other?]

In lugnet.trains.org, Laura Gjovaag wrote [about Kids areas in LTC
displays]:

... If
even only one in ten of the parents I talked with bought a train, LEGO
made a lot of money from that show.

and, just a bit later, wrote:

... don't put anything of
value in there beyond the engine and the tracks.  Buy a couple of buckets
of plain bricks and a Freestyle bucket or two and expect some losses.

So, has anyone asked LEGO Direct to sponsor a Kids Railroad Area by
supplying the LEGO parts?  Seems like it could be a win for both TLC and
the LTC.

Steve