 Trains / *282 (-100)
  Re: Dutch Loco (was:Re: NEW addition to Monorail Station)

James Mathis wrote in message ... (...) gray (...) My mistake. I wrote the above response after seeing only one overview pic with several of your engines. I didn't read the specific page on this engine, so I didn't realize this actually *was* (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Dutch Loco (was:Re: NEW addition to Monorail Station)

(...) I look forward to seeing your version of the Dutch locomotive, Eric. By the way, what color scheme do you plan on using? My use of yellow and gray was dictated by the Dutch loco I saw in a Marklin model train catalog. Are newer Dutch engines (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lugnet Train Newbie

(...) It's a great set to get back into legos (which I did upon getting it about a week ago). All those lovely pieces.... (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lugnet Train Newbie

Thanks for all the great pointers to Train oriented sites. I just wish my wife would let me open my 4559 Cargo Railway before Christmas...-- Bryan (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  A big week of Lego!!

(...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1 speed regulator 2 trains and tracks

1) The location you clip wires onto the regulator contains two terminals. One of these terminals sources current to a load (e.g., a motor). The other of these terminals provides the return path for current (remember, an electrical circuit forms a (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lugnet Train Newbie

(...) In addition to the info James gave you, Kevin Loch's (URL) is a great place for scanned instructions should you be missing any, or if you never bought certain sets but want to see if you can build them anyway. Welcome to LUGnet! From Tom (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lugnet Train Newbie

(...) Hi, Bryan, While I'm not a very frequent poster to these hallowed LEGO newsgroups, I thought I should welcome you back to the "LEGOLAND" :-) (...) I, too, am 28, collected LEGO from childhood, and had a time of LEGO absence during college. (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Lugnet Train Newbie

Hello, Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Bryan Kinkel. I'm 28 and collected Lego's all through my childhood. My favorites during that period were the early Space and Town series. But what really made me excited were the Castle and Train (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train pictures

(...) Anyone else getting interminably slow responses? I liked what little I saw, and wish the pictures were bigger... but kept getting timed out. (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  NEW addition to Monorail Station

After a few more Paradisia Cafe sets, the Monorail Bubble Station as received an addtion to its backside. It now has a more completely enclosed waiting platform area on one side of the station. The addition to the building continues to use the clear (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  4559 at TRU for $99.99

fyi Saw a Toys R Us flier in the Sunday Paper advertising the 4559 Cargo Railway for $99.99 (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  help with train set 7720

All, I have an old set #7720 and the battery box car and engine have died. Does anybody have one I can buy, trade or know of a place that might repair mine? Thanks, Brian (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  New train pictures

Hi On (URL) can find some pictures of danish trains. Also see the rest of my new homepage. What do you think? Esben Kolind, Denmark (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Christmas Train update

(...) Followed up in off-topic. (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Christmas Train update

Larry, Just a question, why did you feel the need to editoralize your feelings about Christmas in a LEGO trains newsgroup? Are you that paranoid about how people think you see Christmas? As you can tell, I didn't think it was appropriate here. Take (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Christmas Train update

Tom McD and I have been corresponding offline about Christmas (3) trains. He told me that he's set up one with the Lego Santa on it and a bike and sleigh, and has had good results with it and his 2 year old. Since it was a private email, I'll let (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9volt motor problems -- I think

Correct. Lego Pitsco/Dacta has a pack of two (2) weight elements for 8.50. They are at (URL) Irving Matthew Bates wrote in message ... (...) correct (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Cog railways

Just a note to locate a few additional cog railways. There is one which takes you to the top of Pikes Peak, just west of Colorado Springs, Colorado. (Larry, that is 2.5 hours from Lakewood, without rush hour traffic.) I've never ridden this one (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for review of 4555

Sorry, I'm a week behind reading LUGNET. Jeremy Dailey <jpdailey@ne.mediaone.net> had said: (...) Which items have problems clearing the side of the overhead crane? (That is, assuming that you are using models as originally released or their (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Trains

(...) I'm not so sure, if you look at the Direct catalogue (which is much more clearer) I think the piece is just a standard 4x1 black lighting brick whoch is used on the freight trains, then there are inverted slope pieces underneath. Carbon 60 (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics from LEGOLAND

(...) :p (...) OK, 'cog railway' is a term I know. Thanks for straightening me out. Seems like someone has done this in LEGO. Maybe if I followed trains more closely, I'd remember who. (...) Cool. Sounds like a "the yesterday that never was" sort of (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9volt motor problems -- I think

(...) Dacta sell it don't they? Matt (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9volt motor problems -- I think

An update for those of you who were curious: Matt Bates was correct -- the front wheels were lifting the motor wheels off the tracks just enough to disrupt the electrical contact. The motor is fine, my construction techniques are not. So, I had to (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Trains

BTW, anyone noticed the first passenger car is in reverse in the official catalog picture (compare to s@h picture). Eric (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics from LEGOLAND

(...) Well, duh. It's a railway with a rack. Seriously. :-) More detail... these are sometimes also called "cog" railways. They are so called because in addition to the two weight bearing rails there is a central rack (linear toothed) that a powered (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics from LEGOLAND

(...) A) What's a rack railway? B) What're the details on the one in Houghton? Did they run it up the side of the MEEM? Nah, then the ROTC's wouldn't have anything to rappel... Steve (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics from LEGOLAND

(...) There used to be one of these at Niagara Falls, somewhere, and I rode it when I was about 7 or so. Pretty neat, especially when you get to the middle and the other car passes you. I think there is one in Pittsburgh too. What I like better, (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Trains

(...) I want these parts, they are wicked cool. (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) Nope. Those could never circus load. The trucks have small wheels and there is clever engineering to get the floor as low as possible, but the floor is the same level from one bridge plate to the other. (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Trains

(...) The 2x2 plate toward the top of the signal is actually a hinged piece (parts# 2429 & 2430). It looks like one 1x2 side is attached below the 1x2 trans red piece. The other side of the 2x2 probably swings up (to make a 1x4 piece) covering the (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Ordered a 4555

I ordered a 4555, mainly because I'll likely want it at some point. :) Calum (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO 4560

Well, Everybody seems consumed in criticizing the 4561 model, but I wonder where is 4560? Did they skip this model altogether or are they going to release it later in the year? Is this the only new train for '99 (besides the cheesy 3225, albeit good (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) You should repost this to lugnet.dear-lego. Seriously. Steve (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) Well my limited empirical evidence would suggest otherwise. My 2 1/2 year old son doesn't like to build, he likes to play (or take apart). One feature of Town/Train Jr seems to be no working doors. Guess what he likes to best about my Lego? (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) But the *size* of the sets is not being reduced. If anything, the mass and size of sets are increasing. Also, the Town Jr. parts are, on average, more complex than prior sets. More-complex dies/molds are more expensive to create, not less. (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) I'd guess that TLG is more focused on increasing the playing:building ratio, in favor of playing. That means reduced piece counts. But they probably count reduced costs as a plus. The drop-center doesn't affect the floor-to-ceiling height of (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Trains

Thinking about it, that lower black nose piece with the headlights in it must be new as well, the old one had slopes top and bottom, this just has them below. Which means they really did develop some new train pieces for '99, so that makes me even (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) Not so much the plastic, I think, as the molds/design/handlin...kaging/box size/shipping charges/etc.etc.etc. Jasper (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Trains

(...) Whoops! You appear to be correct, I assumed it was from some space/underwater theme. I see that it does appear in 6453 a new Spaceport set but not any others. I guess the blue 6 wide sloped nose piece below the canopy is also new (I can't see (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9volt motor problems -- I think

(...) I think first you need to remove the motor from your model and see if still works ok on its own. If it does, it sounds like your front wheels are lifting it off the track slightly and not allowing it to make a good electrical contact. Of (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  9volt motor problems -- I think

I have a perplexing problem going on with my 9 volt train motor that I'm not sure if it's because the motor is bad or if it's because of improper construction techniques on my 4-4-0 steamer. I've been running my original-creation 4-4-0 around our (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) reduced (...) significantly (...) I definitely think this gets to the heart of the plague that is Town Jr. There's no other explanation for this kind of approach by a construction/building toy company. It's hard to believe ABS plastic is (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

Eric Brok writes: > (...) Actually I think TLG is more concerned about keeping the cost down, reduced height means reduced piece counts, hence reduced cost. #4561 has significantly fewer pieces than #4558 Metroliner or #4559 Cargo Train. Matt (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Trains

Matthew Bates wrote in message ... (...) trains (...) The train canopy is new for 99. It's used in other sets too, but my guess it was designed for this train because it's so fundamental to its look and is 6 studs wide (uncommon for non-train (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

Calum Tsang wrote in message ... (...) trains (...) TLG train designers probably are concerned with making the train look sleek and fast, and find the old heigth too high for such an impression. Also in one respect, this results in more (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) Larry, I agree on the passenger cars. Aren't the freight cars used to haul assembled automobiles drop center? I'll have to watch more closely while I wait fro the freight to pass tomorrow morning to see. Larry A (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) No one is arguing that a drop center doesn't make sense for a bi level. It just doesn't make sense in a single level, at least not in American Practice. American single level cars have floors that are above the trucks, from one vestibule to (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) to (...) They're also used in the Canadian GO Train cars which are City/Suburban transit cars pulled by Diesel Electrics. Calum (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Trains

(...) by (...) If it wasn't for this piece, I'd still be worried, I don't see a single new piece in the other two sets. As for the cherry picker, anyone know what that signal is supposed to be? I've never seen one like that. And what is that little (...) (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Trains

(...) Good point -- I've been afraid that trains were on their way out for the last year or so. (...) I liked that one, too. Steve (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) I was told that there would be extra train sets but only available by mail-order. Just what the sets are, I do not know. I shall be asking though at our next meeting. Grahame Reid (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

My thoughts on the 4561 express: Given that Lego apparently uses playability as a requisite design constraint, the design makes sense. It appears you can load and unload the cars, and the cockpit design of the engine, makes it easy to get the (...) (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  1999 Trains

I'm glad to see the 4519 crossover at last, shows some commitment to trains by LEGO. Also I quite like the 4541 Road N' Rail Cherry Picker Truck, I'll definitely get one of those. The 4561 Railway Express, on the other hand, is absolutely terrible, (...) (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) Well, that's a little harsh in my opinion. I would have to say 4559 takes that prize. (1) I can see much more parts potential in this one and no doubt will get 2-4 of them for parts and one to be 9V complete. 1 - And of course this is a (...) (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) Grahame? I doubt it though. (...) But this is not a double decker. If you want drop center, TLG, then design a nice US commuter train like chicago area pushpull, or a nice US long distance bilevel, like Amtrak Superliner, or some euro (...) (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1 speed regulator 2 trains and tracks

(...) Unless they have foolishly connected the two sets of crossing tracks. Now wouldn't that really suck :) Jasper (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) worthwhile (...) sure (...) On looking closer at the scan it appears to be black drop down plates. My guess is that the 2 cars are loaded via the ramp into the centre of the back coach and that the fold out boxes sit in both coaches at the (...) (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1 speed regulator 2 trains and tracks

(...) snip (...) Hi All, To add to the complexity, with the introduction of 4519 crossover, will it be possible to have to separate train systems powered by separate controllers which crossover one another, once, twice etc. Mark H. (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) I like the coaches. With a slight colour change to all blue and replacing the engine with my own class DC loco I can model the Bay Express. A train that travels from Wellington to Napier, NZ. This train and other scenic route trains in NZ (ie (...) (26 years ago, 6-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) Agreed. The engine is definitely my least favorite part, the two passenger cars, especially if they come with the drop down train plates, may be worthwhile as starting points for a customized blue/white passenger train. I'm pretty sure it is (...) (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

Tony Kilaras wrote in message ... (...) Yeah. I'm disappointed too. I think, however, with a completely new engine cab in a similar color scheme it might turn out to be a nice passenger train after all. I imagine there will be several MOCs posted (...) (26 years ago, 6-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <366A0CD3.36DB0DC7@c...AM.com>... (...) Frankly, I think that this new train is without exaggeration the WORST I have EVER seen. (26 years ago, 6-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

Some more things to add after seeing the LEGO DIRECT Catalogue: I think the windows on the 4561 are standard panes of glass as shown on the Riot Police Soccer set and many others. The 4519 Cross Over looks pretty good, the black square in the middle (...) (26 years ago, 6-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) Notice this is 4561 is pictured. Maybe Grahame is referring to a 4560 which may be limited to certain countries... (...) Well I think the drop-centre plates are used in European double-deck trains to get the extra room. (...) Much better than (...) (26 years ago, 6-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1 speed regulator 2 trains and tracks

(...) Sounds like a fairly intricate scheme - especially if it automatically goes back to work again, instead of requiring you to replace the fuse, which is the usual option. Good work by Lego, I guess. I'll open mine up one time and check :) BTW: (...) (26 years ago, 6-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  1999 Train 4561

which is available July 1, seen here: (URL) what Grahame said about it, I was expecting something a bit different. Lego seems to have continued this "futuristic" theme that was started in 4559. It appears to me that this set does NOT use train (...) (26 years ago, 6-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1 speed regulator 2 trains and tracks

(...) This comes up a fair bit on a regular basis. Someone needs to write up all that is known and get Matt to add it to his excellent site. Anyway here's what I know. I probably have a 1/2 dozen regulators at this point of various histories (most (...) (26 years ago, 6-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1 speed regulator 2 trains and tracks

(...) Well, if you draw too much current thru your regulator, You'll most likely run into the limits of the wall-brick trafo thingy. Whgen that starts to get hot at prolonged use, beware :) Jasper Jasper (26 years ago, 5-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1 speed regulator 2 trains and tracks

Not an expert in electronics....I think the regulator adjust to the amount of current that is drawn by the motors so two regulators would share the workload on the same system and if you add more motors on the same regulator it would just feed more (...) (26 years ago, 5-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for review of 4555

(...) No. Follow up sets where you want replies to go to. For example, suppose you post to lugnet.announce... you ALWAYS need to set the followup to some other group, as announce is for announcements only, not discussion. If it was an RCX related (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for review of 4555

(...) I was affraid of this happening. Is that what the follow up box is for? Although I have been a registered user for a while, yesterday's posts were my first. I'll get all this stuff down soon. Thanks for the hints. Right now I guess I am a (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V FOTW

(...) According to (URL) 1972-77 4.5V Battery Tender and Red Signal Matt (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  12V FOTW

Hi all, Just bought a collection containing 107, 118, 161, 7727, 7740, 7777, 7816, 7824, 7834, five spare 4.5V motors, 7 spare 4.5V flat top wagons 40 lengths of straight 12V track, 4.5V points and crossovers (blue)and many loose pieces. The fellow (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for review of 4555

(...) I agree with the need for more space between the track and the crane. I found that moving the crane over one stud was enough to give clearance to passing trains. Best is to locate the freight station on a siding and back the train into it. (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures of LEGOLAND railways

I finally got to scanning +100 more pictures of LEGOLAND park Billund. About 25 were added today to LEGO ON MY MIND and more will come during the next days. The Aiport was already there, now the Germany theme is too, including impressive industrial (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Tables, and my Round House

(...) No, but you can create your own. I created one for my lift bridge. Unfortunately they're not very easy to share around. Matt Bates and I discussed it a while back, search Dejanews... (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for review of 4555

Eben Hill wrote: <4555??> One comment, it's better to cross post instead of posting two requests. We now have two threads running in to different groups. No biggie, but it helps keep things straight if you actually cross post. (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for review of 4555

(...) I bought one. In its existing configuration, though, two of the three trains I have (#4559 and #4565) don't clear the side of the overhead "crane". I think the tracks that the overhead crane run in need to be moved out two or three studs to (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1 speed regulator 2 trains and tracks

(...) just (...) I think it's pretty much impossible to damage the train controller no matter what you do to it [1]. Lego expect people to 'experiment', that's the whole point of Lego so you can be sure that if you can build it, it will be safe. [2] (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1 speed regulator 2 trains and tracks

(...) I don't know if it is 'safe' or not, but my kids often use the speed regulator to run the various (non-train) LEGO 9V electric items. Steve (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Tables, and my Round House

(...) That's my next plan (using a router to cut the hole). I just have to decide which plan to follow; 1) to put the turntable onto the table completely, and redesign the size and shape of the round house (cutting one whole hole). 2) put the round (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  1 speed regulator 2 trains and tracks

Is there any danger in hooking up one regulator to two sets of track with two of the wires that clip to the track. I tried it out and I know that it works but wasn't sure if this was a "legal" thing to do or am I going to end up blowing up the (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for review of 4555

(...) I think it's a good set but just a tad overpriced. Didn't stop me from getting 3 though. YMMV. (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Looking for review of 4555

I've posted a copy in the review section but since there isn't much traffic there and since it is train related I posted here too. I hope that is okay. I'm a bit new to the train department and I am contemplating buying this set, 4555, freight (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Speed Regulators

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998 08:18:52 GMT, "Eric Brok" <brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl> wrote: :Ofcourse, LEGO has to deal with a lot of reverse compatibility. For better :or for worse. (Changing from 9V to 12V was a big exception but even that was :aimed at moving to (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Speed Regulators

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <3664650f.17422672@l...et.com>... (...) Ofcourse, LEGO has to deal with a lot of reverse compatibility. For better or for worse. (Changing from 9V to 12V was a big exception but even that was aimed at moving to one (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new diesel by Ben

Larry, I will be travelling Amtrak in January, from Chicago to Lincoln, Illinois. If I have a choice, should I go Metroliner if available?? (sorry everyone! But seeing him in trains reminded me to ask! Plus, I would have a Lego frame of reference!) (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Speed Regulators

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998 22:54:31 GMT, "Matthew Bates" <train_depot@yahoo.com> wrote: :Jasper Janssen writes: : >I stopped Lego before 9V trains came out - Does this mean LEgo 9V uses :>PWM instead of just reducing the voiltage to 0? my 12V transformer (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Tables, and my Round House

Hello, I am just about to router a circular hole near the middle of a large modular table. (Built based on Bens design) When I built it, I modified it for this purpose, I did not place a crossbrace in the middle, but rather put crossbraces at one (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Tables, and my Round House

Well, I finally had a few rainy days to try to finish building my LEGO Train Tables (following Ben's original design). ftp://jeffk.com/pub/...lding.html I started to put my Round House onto the table, and remembered that I'd want to imbed the (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  4552 to be Discontinued?

Are train sets discontinued as frequently as other system sets? I'm interested in #4552 Cargo Crane (available from S@H only), but I'm over my LEGO budget for quite a ways into next year. Should I borrow? DJ Zorn (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sticker shock

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998 20:06:05 GMT, "Ben Fleskes" <benfleskes@msn.com> wrote: :Fully agreed. I see this all the time at the train shows PNLTC goes to. :People spending small fortunes to buy an engine or a car simply to run it :around a track. Well I (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Speed Regulators

Jasper Janssen writes: >I stopped Lego before 9V trains came out - Does this mean LEgo 9V uses (...) No they aren't PWM, they vary the voltage between 0 and 9V See (URL) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Switch solenoids

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 01:39:31 GMT, Larry Andersen <neonglass@earthlink.net> wrote: :My problem with using pneumatics for the job is that the pistons stick :after sitting for a while. You have to break them loose manualy before :they will work (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Speed Regulators

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:24:02 GMT, Mark Harrison <harro1@one.net.au> wrote: :The reason this is of interest to me is that I have always wanted to use :12V lighting sets with my 9V setup but as the regulators always said :9-10V I thought it would not (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A better boxcar? (was: Re: Thanks to Terry Cruse and Ali V.

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998 20:42:39 GMT, "Dan Parker" <danp@qi2.com> wrote: :I must agree with Ben -- and this might be a little more blunt. As much of a :LEGO trainhead that I am, I find it difficult to justify building a shrine to :the 9v series in its (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new diesel by Ben

Yes, it uses two 1x2/1x4 angle brackets. both attach to a 2x6 plate. The two medium slopes attach to either side and a non rotating magnet base attaches to the middle with a couple of 2x2 plates to space it out far enough. The upper angle bracket (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new diesel by Ben

The color scheme is Red (main body), with yellow,blue,yellow striping. I consider the model a prototype. I'd like to build another based on the same body to reflect a actual freight engine. <snip> (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new diesel by Ben

Thanks Tony. Thats pretty high praise since you seem generally pretty reserved about giving it. (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact