 Trains / 243
Re: 1999 Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 17:37:34 GMT

Eric Brok writes:

The train canopy is new for 99. It's used in other sets too, but my guess it
was designed for this train because it's so fundamental to its look and is 6
studs wide (uncommon for non-train canopies).

Whoops! You appear to be correct, I assumed it was from some space/underwater
theme. I see that it does appear in 6453 a new Spaceport set but not any
others. I guess the blue 6 wide sloped nose piece below the canopy is also new
(I can't see it anywhere else) and also the white 6 wide tapered plate below
that (I do see that in 6453). I would suggest that they intend this to be a
generic canopy though, it's not very train-like.

Matt