 Trains / 245
Re: 1999 Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 18:23:54 GMT

Thinking about it, that lower black nose piece with the headlights in it must
be new as well, the old one had slopes top and bottom, this just has them
below. Which means they really did develop some new train pieces for '99, so
that makes me even more disappointed that they didn't design the whole train
better. If they'd just made a couple of new thin wall pieces with train
windows in they could have achieved the same effect ("roomy" coaches that
allow 4 wide cars to fit inside) and the whole thing would have looked sooooo
much nicer.

Here are the 2 new pieces in Amaz-O-ASCII-Art, a 1x4x5 thin train wall (with
window to match standard train doors) and a 1x1x5 thin wall corner to finish
off corners nicely. It might also be nice to have opaque panes with grilles on
them as an alternative to the normal clip-in glass.

    ___            __
   /  /|          /__/|
  /  //|           | ||
  /|  /