 Trains / 229
228  |  230
Subject:
1999 Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 16:45:13 GMT

I'm glad to see the 4519 crossover at last, shows some commitment to trains by
LEGO. Also I quite like the 4541 Road N' Rail Cherry Picker Truck, I'll
definitely get one of those.

The 4561 Railway Express, on the other hand, is absolutely terrible, it's
unbelievably bad, what are they on? It's worse than 4559 IMHO. What's really
worrying though is it seems suspiciously like it is supposed to be what was at
the top of my sets list in my "Wish List to Lego", i.e. a Chunnel Train. Even
though it doesn't mention it anywhere in the description it seems pretty clear
that the sides of the coaches must open somehow to allow the cars to drive up
the ramp and onto the train, just like the Chunnel train. Great idea,
appauling execution. Well, I suppose the coaches aren't too bad but the
locomotive is stupid.

I imagine this set has quite good play value, and is a good source of
transparent blue thin walls, white roof pieces and black low loader train
plates (much better than yellow from 4559). But I would have much rather seen
some new opaque thin walls with windows in.

I'm going to find it virtually impossible to justify $139 on this thing.

Matt
"Who needs to be 9V complete?"