 Trains / 242
Re: 9volt motor problems -- I think
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 17:03:51 GMT

Steve Berry writes:
I have a perplexing problem going on with my 9 volt train motor that I'm....

I think first you need to remove the motor from your model and see if still
works ok on its own. If it does, it sounds like your front wheels are lifting
it off the track slightly and not allowing it to make a good electrical
contact. Of course, if it's still bad on its own then it's probably bad! I
suspect Lego Consumer Service will replace it for you if you send it to them,
they are nice like that. Does it make a sort of grinding noise when it
'drags'? Maybe the gears inside are skipping - if so I'd definitely send it
back, opening it up will only make it worse.

Matt