 Trains / 192
191  |  193
Subject:
Train Tables, and my Round House
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 16:52:25 GMT

  Well, I finally had a few rainy days to try to finish building
my LEGO Train Tables (following Ben's original design).
ftp://jeffk.com/pub/jeffk/LEGO/zonker/tables/building.html

  I started to put my Round House onto the table, and remembered
that I'd want to imbed the turntable as well. After a couple of
hours of fussing with the design, I finally figured where I could
mount the turntable without interfering with any possible table
leg locations, and then placed the round house adjacent to the
turntable location. This leaves the round house hanging off one
side of the table, to be supported by a small module.

  Later that night, it dawned on me that I wouldn't be able to
take the model anywhere, with modules joined together. (It would
take three people to try to get it outside of the garage for any
photos, and I couldn't get the table tops into the back of the
to take to any get togethers. Time for another try at laying out
the building. :-(

  I figure that the turntable will need to be removed in order to
transport the round house model. Placing the round house completely
on one large module will probably mean that the turntable will need
to built on the border between two modules, but that should allow
me to take it to a train show-and-tell meeting someday.

  Any other thoughts or suggestions from folks with tables?

  (PS, I've just updated all of my pages as well, including the
LED train signal project, and my train pages. This included using
the spell checker, and getting rid of redundant information! :-)
ftp://jeffk.com/pub/jeffk/LEGO/zonker/ZLEGOtop.html

    frenezulo@esperanto.org