 Trains / 220
Re: 1999 Train 4561
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 20:53:26 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <366A0CD3.36DB0DC7@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com>...
which is available July 1, seen here:

http://www.lugnet.com/catalog/images/4112683-4112684-AM/150/30.jpg

After what Grahame said about it, I was expecting something a bit
different. Lego seems to have continued this "futuristic" theme that was
started in 4559.

It appears to me that this set does NOT use train windows. Instead, it's
either using thinwalls or some other sort of other frameless glass in
the coaches. It's hard to tell from the picture if the coaches use the
drop center plates like 4559 did but it looks like it. Fairly
unprototypical as well.

And the only good thing to say about the engine is that it at least
seems to be standing alone instead of having an articulation point for
the front of the first coach.

The open air station seems interesting but not very prototypical. Not at
all.

Sigh. Please, TLG, will you let ME design the darn things?

Frankly, I think that this new  train is without exaggeration the WORST I
have EVER seen.