 Trains / 218
Re: 1999 Train 4561
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 20:24:59 GMT

Larry Pieniazek writes:
After what Grahame said about it, I was expecting something a bit
different. Lego seems to have continued this "futuristic" theme that was
started in 4559.

Notice this is 4561 is pictured.  Maybe Grahame is referring to a 4560 which
may be limited to certain countries...

It appears to me that this set does NOT use train windows. Instead, it's
either using thinwalls or some other sort of other frameless glass in
the coaches. It's hard to tell from the picture if the coaches use the
drop center plates like 4559 did but it looks like it. Fairly
unprototypical as well.

Well I think the drop-centre plates are used in European double-deck trains to
get the extra room.

And the only good thing to say about the engine is that it at least
seems to be standing alone instead of having an articulation point for
the front of the first coach.

Much better than 4559 in that respect.

The open air station seems interesting but not very prototypical. Not at
all.

Well, the stations never are that good with the sets.

Sigh. Please, TLG, will you let ME design the darn things?

Well, they have to make it internationally buyable but this isn't buyable at
all.

Well you have to be 9v complete...
Anyway Larry - have you found anything out about the German 3225 with black
windows?

Carbon 60