 Trains / 267
Re: Christmas Train update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:17:31 GMT

Larry,

Just a question, why did you feel the need to editoralize your feelings
about Christmas in a LEGO trains newsgroup?  Are you that paranoid about
how people think you see Christmas?  As you can tell, I didn't think it was
appropriate here.  Take it to the off-topic area next time.

I've always welcomed your comments about LEGO and you've always conducted
yourself well, but I thought this was uncalled for.  Now, back to LEGO
trains...

Steve Berry

----------
From: Larry Pieniazek <lugnet.trains@lugnet.com>
To: lugnet.trains@lugnet.com
Subject: Christmas Train update
Date: Friday, December 11, 1998 8:44 AM

Tom McD and I have been corresponding offline about Christmas (3)
trains. He told me that he's set up one with the Lego Santa on it and a
bike and sleigh, and has had good results with it and his 2 year old.
Since it was a private email, I'll let him elaborate if need be rather
than sharing what he said (2), but here's what I told him in reply. I am
a bit behind my original timeline on my train but have made some
progress:

-- excerpt --

Well, I have so far built two flatcars with side fencing to hold 9
reindeer, a huge sleigh filled in back with presents, (1) a flatcar for
it, and a green boxcar. I still have a few cars I need to build, and I
am struggling about what to do for an engine. I did not have time to
build a Shay. SO I may just go with 2 engines from 4563, or a 4551 croc,
those are both red/white (== christmasy). This is all in my suitcase
today for my flight home, the train goes up this weekend at home. I'll
probably use my red caboose and some other cars that I have that are
either red, white or green...

1 - while the sleigh IS reindeer pulled, it has radar and other high
tech electronics in front to help Santa find his way quickly and avoid
those 777s... ;-)

-- end excerpt --

2 - a policy I recommend highly

3 - note that I celebrate Christmas because it's fun, not because of
Christ.(3)

4 - the footnotes are out of order, deal

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.