 Trains / 186
Re: A better boxcar? (was: Re: Thanks to Terry Cruse and Ali V.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:51:31 GMT

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998 20:42:39 GMT, "Dan Parker" <danp@qi2.com> wrote:

:I must agree with Ben -- and this might be a little more blunt.  As much of a
:LEGO trainhead that I am, I find it difficult to justify building a shrine to
:the 9v series in its stock form.  Same goes for older stuff.  While I
:appreciate the lines of 4.5-, 9- and 12volt, I feel that devoting more than a
:reaction to these and then not moving on to create one's own is missing out on
:a bunch.  I see the same thing on RTL:  "Ooh, must get all castle and display
:this for eternity..."

Well - I'll agree with you on most sets from castle - those ugly
panels for walls, instead of bricks - what were they thinking?! When I
was a child, I used to play with 375 Yellow Castle and 6069 Guarded
Inn - I think I may try to get those complete again, just for old
times sake - especially the yellow castle. It is just so much cooler
to build out of bricks than out of these premade panels :)

Jasper