 Trains / 111
Re: A better boxcar? (was: Re: Thanks to Terry Cruse and Ali V.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 22:10:06 GMT

Ben Fleskes wrote:

<snip>

So I have joined the prestigious club of the 9V Complete (did someone
hear a horn toot?).
<snip>

ben>> For the longest time I wanted to be 9v complete.  Then I finally asked
myself why?  The one set I was missing was 4554 metrostation and finally saw
little motivation for getting a yellow version of the red 2150 retrostation.
Both are both sets, but why dish out the extra bucks to have yet another train
station I do nothing with.  Most of my stock 9v trains have been taken apart
to build custom trains.  For me, that is where the fun is.

which is my favorite 9v freight set.  4563 and 4564, get my vote. The boxcars
are some of the best ever designed by lego.  While not prototypical, I very
much like the look and feel of them.  Also, I've not been able to match the
Lego designed boxcar in 4563 and 4564. I've built hopper cars and other, but
have not been able to come up with a boxcar I like as much as these.

Does anybody think there is a better boxcar model any where out there?  If so,
please speak up now.  I'd like to hear about it.

I'd put any of mine up against theirs. Mine are more US prototypical. I
still like my RailBox, and it's almost a year old now.

I need to use their parts to do a US prototype... but my non moving
doors still look good to me. (even if they do recess when they should
actually jut out...

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.