 Trains / 195
Re: A new diesel by Ben
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 20:23:17 GMT

Larry,
I will be travelling Amtrak in January, from Chicago
to Lincoln, Illinois. If I have a choice, should
I go Metroliner if available??
(sorry everyone! But seeing him in trains reminded me to ask!
Plus, I would have a Lego frame of reference!)

I have been thinking about buying a Lego train, and if so,
would hope to share in the enthusiasm and enjoyment shown
here!
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/
Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3661CE5B.C7943C7E@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com>...
Ben Fleskes wrote:

Hello all:

Used a couple of innovative building techniques for a new diesel • locomotive.
Check it out and let me know what you think.

I like it. The truck mounted front coupler with side slopes is a good
idea, how'd you do it? 1x2/1x4 angle bracket? Note that I have a body
mounted front coupler that looks similar on big red... but it's not very
sturdy. How sturdy is yours?

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/1857/newdiesel.htm

Also, can someone please tell me what type of diesel it looks most like?
(Larry P?)

To me it evokes GE because of the big radiators in back.
See: http://www.ge.com/transportation/ts2.htm
and make your own determination.

If I had to pick a specific model, I'd say an AC6000CW or Dash 9. Both
have the full width noses and "comfort cabs" unlike say a U-33C or
something. But of course, your engine is proportionally shorter than
they are. Can't be helped. Selective compression is required in this
application.

Here's more on the AC6000CW
http://www.ge.com/transportation/artic20c.htm

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.