 Trains / 197
Re: 9V Speed Regulators
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 13:08:02 GMT

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998 08:18:52 GMT, "Eric Brok" <brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl>
wrote:

:Ofcourse, LEGO has to deal with a lot of reverse compatibility. For better
:or for worse. (Changing from 9V to 12V was a big exception but even that was
:aimed at moving to one standard 9V, instead of 4.5, 9 and 12V.)

True. I was kidding a little :)

Even so, you should be able to replace a normal trafo with a PWM one
without too much problems - it works in Marklin trains :) I think even
the Light & Sounds components shouldn't have too much trouble. (tho
the sounds may sound funny at low movement rates :) )

Are there any 9V stuff that I'm unaware of? MindStorms, btw, may be a
prime counterexample... But I can't think of any reason to feed the 9V
train output  into it's input ports :)

:http://www.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/models select Trains from menu

Saw your site mentioned in a mailing list article, been there, done
that, jeck, seen the entire site :) BTW, great site! :)

Jasper