 Trains / 152
151  |  153
Subject:
9V Speed Regulators
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:24:02 GMT

Hi all,

I have a mystery. I just got a 4564 which naturally comes with a speed
regulator. It also came with a 120V transformer which will never get
used. I wonder what happens when you plug it into a 240V power supply,
No can't do that either power pins are the wrong shape, definitely a
dust gatherer this one.

Anyway, I happened to look on the underside of the regulator and noticed
that moulded into the plastic where the transformer plug goes in is the
following "9 - 12V". My existing regulators all have "9 - 10V".

The reason this is of interest to me is that I have always wanted to use
12V lighting sets with my 9V setup but as the regulators always said
9-10V I thought it would not work. Is there something internally
different between my old regulators and this new one. are the
transformers inputting a voltage between 9 and 12 volts or exactly 9
volts. Does anyone know?

Mark H.