 Trains / 259
Re: 9volt motor problems -- I think
Newsgroups:
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 17:29:03 GMT

Thanks again to Matt for sharing his thoughts.

Steve Berry

----------
From: Matthew Bates <lugnet.trains@lugnet.com>
To: lugnet.trains@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: 9volt motor problems -- I think
Date: Tuesday, December 08, 1998 10:03 AM

Steve Berry writes:
I have a perplexing problem going on with my 9 volt train motor that • I'm....

I think first you need to remove the motor from your model and see if • still
works ok on its own. If it does, it sounds like your front wheels are • lifting
it off the track slightly and not allowing it to make a good electrical
contact. Of course, if it's still bad on its own then it's probably bad! • I
suspect Lego Consumer Service will replace it for you if you send it to • them,
they are nice like that. Does it make a sort of grinding noise when it
'drags'? Maybe the gears inside are skipping - if so I'd definitely send • it
back, opening it up will only make it worse.

Matt