 Trains / 190
Re: sticker shock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 23:19:01 GMT

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998 20:06:05 GMT, "Ben Fleskes" <benfleskes@msn.com>
wrote:

:Fully agreed.  I see this all the time at the train shows PNLTC goes to.
:People spending small fortunes to buy an engine or a car simply to run it
:around a track.  Well I like the building (and rebuilding) aspect of Lego.
:One of the things that hold back Lego is the price of the track.  At $130 for
:a Lego train set,  It is very competitive with the high quality model/toy
:trains out there.  But the track, at $4 a foot, is expense when compared to
:everything except for G gauge.  Of course the quality is there as the track is
:very durable.

Not to mention how ticked off I was when all my 12V stuff was obsolete
overnight... I'll prolly be selling that old stuff off, soon. I never
figured it might actually be worth something :)

Jasper