 Trains / 174
173  |  175
Subject:
sticker shock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 20:25:36 GMT

     Once in while it is a good idea for me to wander through a train/hobby
store to remind myself why I switched to Lego trains.  The prices for new sets
are outrageous!  $50 for one hand pump car is way too much, even if the polar
bears on it are cute.  An O gauge Amtrack set was $460.  It included regulator
and track with engine and 4-5 cars, but nothing else.
      There was a parent buying his first train set for his youngster- I
thought the poor guy was going to faint when the clerk showed him a 'good
starter kit for just $260'.  TLG really needs to get the word out about what a
great line of trains they sell.  Lego trains are far more reasonably priced and
have far greater play value. But I could go on forever about that.
Make it a good day.
Louise