 Trains / 178
Re: sticker shock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 22:20:57 GMT

Larry wrote:
If you're thinking of getting an HO set, don't buy the junk. Go to a
real hobby shop and get the good stuff. Atlas track, Athearn engines and
cars, MRC powerpacks. It will cost you 3 times as much but you get what
you pay for.

     I am hooked on Lego trains for good.  In my brief experiments with O gauge
(used Lionel purchased at trains shows)I realized very quickly they are too
expensive, take up too much space, and have limited play value. Once I screwed
the track down so the train would run well, my design options were limited.
     With Lego I can explore the layout options with ease, and build all the
scenery I want with the other Legos about the house. Time to expand, I just put
down another sheet of masonite to build on.  I have them cut into 4' x 4'
sheets that store easily against the garage wall.
     I am planning a layout for the Christmas tree, so visiting kids are
entertained.
Make it good day,
Louise