 Trains / *2682 (-100)
  Re: Train Windows

(...) Looking at the Direct catalog, it appears the back window is definately a Train window. The glass appears to be plain glass. Well, some glass is better than no glass. Too bad, we might have to wait till May 1 to get them. :( -Chris (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Buy your track now!

At least they will still stock it for 2000... Bryan <very sad about Town 2000> Michael Hader <mhader@hubcap.clemson.edu> wrote in message news:FKx19z.FG6@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

Train windows have a divider molded into the glass. You're right, though, there is a good chance there are 7 windows (though the rear could be a 1x4x3 trans panel). (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) Grey? Uh-uh - look at the inset next to 3401, they are white. The shading is wrong in the main picture, they are shadowed there. And no glass on them. (...) You HOPE - it doesn't HAVE to have windows on the other side ;-) (...) Yeah, I'm (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) Is it 6 or 7? I'm hoping for 7, but if not then what do you think is in the back of the bus? I can't see on the one with white windows, but zoomed in on the red\black ones it looks like another window. (...) Not being a train head (yet) (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

Check out: (URL) $22, you can get either 6 black, red or white train windows. Too bad we don't get the train glass, but I am more thankful than able to complain at this point! After closer inspection, it does appear that the set with three train (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Buy your track now!

According to.. (URL) price of track is going up.. Michael (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) Wow, maybe I ought to hold onto that 4558 after all. I guess I'm halfway to being able to make as many Club Cars as I want with these sets. What do you figure on cost for 3401? I'd say $10 or less except for that goofy action-keeper thingie. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

The ones in the soccer bus look white. compare the gray to the white in the grandstand, and then look at the bus. KL (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

I'm not so sure they are gray... look at the caption picture that shows the action shot of the minifig kicking a ball. Those look white :-( Maybe Kevin can clarify for us, but I'm not optimistic. They look gray in the one shot but it is shadowed and (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Train Windows

Woo Hoo!!!...!!! Gray train windows in the 2000 sets! 3 gray windows in a SMALL set. We can get all we want now. Set #3401 has probably 50 pieces and 3 are gray 1x4x3 train window frames. Also, in set #3405 we will be able to get 6 white train (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Look at this orange car

(...) That's a nice little gondola. It looks like those parts come from the Scala set 3110 Four Animal Friends (which comes with one of them and costs USD 7.00 from S@H). No if only there would be a matching wall section so that one could make a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

In lugnet.trains, Jim Rorstrom writes: <snip> (...) Thanks for the compliments. I'm happy my design has inspired you. The large drive can be found in such sets as: (URL) are used for the large fuel tank on the shuttle. Each drive wheel is connected (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

(...) Yes, that explains it very well. Thanks. John (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

(...) To start, great train! I love late steam locomotives but, have been frustrated trying to come up with a drive mechanism that is both reliable and prototypical in appearance. My current design uses two drive moters in an articulated set-up with (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

In lugnet.trains, John Warren writes: <snip> (...) to (...) Correct. The trucks stay on the same pivot point at all times. The drive wheels simply move away(towards the back) from the front truck around the curves. There are no springs used (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions on selling train 'kits'

(...) Consider the potential buyers motivation to purchase a custom car. I am a proud owner of one of Larry's coal cars. I considered what other Lego kits were available (blue hopper) and the price I could expect to pay for one ($45). I considered (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

(...) You talk about the trucks sliding forward and backwards. It seems to me that the body would hinder this from happening due to the fact that it connects to the the front and rear trucks via two stationary pins. Since the body doesn't stretch (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) There is a sliding joint between the forward pivot in front of the drive wheels that translates forward and back relative to the leading truck. Thus, when the train goes around curves, the joint (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

I'm not a big fan of steam but this looks very sweet. One question I have about the drive train, the distance between the front and back pivot points needs to be shorter when going around a curve than when you're on a tangent. How do you accomodate (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions on selling train 'kits'

(...) I've sold 4. I set the starting bid for the first one on a whim because it was a charity donation. My gut tells me that I am making a bit of money on them but not a lot. I keep meaning to sit down and figure out what my cost for them is. (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Look at this orange car

(...) Gondola. (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Questions on selling train 'kits'

Larry, (and anyone else with experence!) I know that you have sold some of your coal cars. I'm kind of curious as to how many you have sold, and how you priced them (piece wise). This isn't idle speculation, I have right now a design that I think (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Look at this orange car

I got some parts from an auction today and inside a bag of Age 3-5 parts (mostly Animals on Parade type stuff, minus the awesome yellow fences) there were 2 orange boxy half-open things. Instant train car! I added a snapshot to my trains page on (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

Very impressive. I especially like the design of the drive under the engine. Thanks for posting your work. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Fleskes <benfleskes@msn.com> wrote in message news:FKrKEC.LG7@lugnet.com... (...) really (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Station Plus

(...) Good lick finding the parts for that. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Station Plus

(...) the yellow strip is in the style of the 'do not cross the yellow line' that is on many UK stations to prevent people standing to close to the edge. The subtle changes were more often forced through lack of bricks! e.g. the yellow cones that go (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mindfest pics... one train pic.

(...) They are still there. I used this address. (URL) are also pics and links to other peoples pics from the NELUG site at (URL) Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mindfest pics... one train pic.

What happened to the StarWars pics on this site? they aren't coming up for me :( did they move?? if so does someone have the addy handy for me?? Thanks! Tamy (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Station Plus

(...) Wow, that's quite the trainstation. I'm quite impressed. Kya (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

All, Back to the wonderful world of trains. Here are the pictures of my latest creation, a Southern Pacific 4449 Daylight engine with a compliment of coaches. The engine, a 4-8-4, has connecting rods between the drive wheels that really move with (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Station Plus

(...) That's quite impressive. I like the stripe along the platform and the way you've subtly changed small bits of the station, like the decorations on the roof. You've also solved what i always thought was one of the problems with both the 4554 an (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Metro Station Plus

added pictures of another model to my web site Its an 'extended' Metro Station. As lego town grows, so does its station. Numerous additions have been made to improve the Metro station. A new ticket hall, a bigger waiting room with TV, a shop, and (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Soft Opening

[ XFUT lugnet.publish ] Steve: (...) If you just need a fixed rescaling and have access to a machine with netpbm/pbmplus and (t)csh, you can use the following script: #!/bin/tcsh # # This script makes scaled down versions (30%) of the images # (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Train Newbie Delurk

(...) [snip] Hello Erik, I reccommend you to check out M. Bates Train Depot at (URL) his site you can download a very nice Track Desingner made by him. It's a great program for plannig the layout of your track. His other train stuff is also quite (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Newbie Delurk

Hello. The time came and I have bought my ticket on the Trainhead Express. I have pushed aside all other projects to get my first Lego train restored! It's a 4.5V system that Chris Spencer once owned. A tired old 0-4-0 steam engine and some (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Y2K Dream Last Night???

When I woke this morning and recalled my dream I realized I had a LEGO dream. I'll admit, those don't happen often enough for me but in this dream I had dreamt of a new road crossing. It was a red color scheme like the 4556 and 4557 but this (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  12V train wheels

Hello All, I am happy to say that I recently stumbled across Lugnet and it has spurred me to come out of my LEGO dark age! In the process of unpacking my LEGO collection I've noticed that the rubber traction rings around my 12V train motor wheels (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wrong Place

(...) To a certain extent, Lugnet(tm) is self policing. James, John and others are helping take a bit of the load off Todd, so he can concentrate on doing more good stuff for us, which is what he wants to do, instead of playing policeman, which (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Wrong Place

(...) I'm curious, exactly where is the overreaction? I will be the first person to let honest mistakes slide. Blatant disregard is offensive. He should be made aware that glibness as such is not appreciated, rather than "not so bad". -John (follow (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Right theme wrong Place? Train stuff offered!

(...) I happen to not believe in spanking; never have hit my children, never will. (...) yes?.... (...) All of my mistakes are unintentional, as is not the case here. (...) Sorry, I [1] find nothing humorous about *deliberate* rule violations, and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: It's Time AFOL Take Action!

(...) about the rumors of the service packs "PHASING OUT". Hopefully Ian is right and TLG is heading back to the old days. I will continue to hope that they are. Only time will tell......... (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Right theme wrong Place? Train stuff offered!

(...) Go rob a bank. If you're going to break a rule for the sake of higher income, you might as well break a big one. (...) Mistakes do not start with "I realize this is the wrong place" That is a willful disregard of the rules. (...) Well, I'm not (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Wrong Place

(...) John... And three wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. <grin> I trust that you, at least, understood my protest to be what it was: Not condoing Jason's breach, but concnerend about the demonstrated over-reaction. Cheers, Roger (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wrong Place

(...) -snip- (...) Except, this wasn't a "mistake", this was completely deliberate... JohnG (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Right theme wrong Place? Train stuff offered!

(...) appreciate (...) Your (...) you (...) Would you care to have him spanked as well? Speaking of arrogant..... (...) Please (...) Whilst the TOS need to be followed, one should realise that, being human, the users are likely to make mistakes. I (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Right theme wrong Place? Train stuff offered!

(...) Do you *really* realize? Because they will respond because they don't appreciate your blatant lack of regard of the rules. (...) Your financial situation does not take precedence over the rules of LUGNET. Your post is so incredibley arrogant (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Level Crossing Barrier

(...) I have now phoned and have sent them a picture of what I'm missing as requested. I keep my fingers crossed, thanks for the info. I'll get back to you (James) if Lego can't help with the points switcher. (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 - Alternative model instructions

(...) lugnet.trains, (...) box) (...) Matt's Lego Train Depot is found at: ((URL) Jim - (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's Time AFOL Take Action!

Ralph, I agree with you. But I am probably in the minority. For me all LEGO sets are only parts packs for my own buildings. Gary Istok (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Right theme wrong Place? Train stuff offered!

Jason, Ignorance is bliss and can be tolerated. Plain disregard for the terms of service is not. I am sure that I won't be the first to say this but the lugnet.market groups are there for a reason and if someone wants/needs something they WILL look (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 - Alternative model instructions

Matt BAtes has them on his website, but I unfortunately don't have the URL (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Right theme wrong Place? Train stuff offered!

As no doubt a whole host of folks will tell me and correspond on - I realise this is in the wrong place! - However I am flat broke, need cash and therefore maximum impact, so its here! I have two 12v train motors and some track, (will split) anyone (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

They don't have their own website, although Carbon60 has a page with their price list on it: (URL) UK phone no. is 0161 881 3906, which I think translates to: +44 161 881 3906 HTH :-) On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Eric Brok (<FKM4z1.597@lugnet.com>) wrote at (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

Eric Brok wrote in message ... (...) Go here - (URL) for contact info. BTW - they no longer have 6347 but they do have 6921, the other monorail accessory track set for £10. The down side of 6921 is that it doesn't have any switches. Mike - (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  4565 - Alternative model instructions

Hello, Are the alternative model instructions (for the loco on the back of the box) available anywhere... thanks (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

How can I contact Busy Bee (from Europe)? Do they have a website? Eric Mike Walsh wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's Time AFOL Take Action!

<stuff deleted> (...) I am surprised this thread has reared its head once again. Zack must be way behind on his LEGO message groups... :-) I posted my original message back in September. I followed that up with a couple others. I was in a very fowl, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Black & Yellow 4558 Possible?

(...) Bryan, I would say it looks far from silly! I built a Metroliner style engine and six club cars in yellow/black and I love the look of it. I took a five car version to the last BayLUG meeting and you can see a couple of pictures on their site (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Black & Yellow 4558 Possible?

Hey I haven't put much thought into this, but would it be possible to recreate 4558 Metroliner in a black & yellow colour scheme? Or maybe that would look silly... Bryan (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's Time AFOL Take Action!

(...) I agree with you completely. If the demand is truly there for better models/instructions, one could even make a business of it. Call it "Virtual LEGO Sets". Warning...the rest of this message is only half-serious... Probably could generate a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's Time AFOL Take Action!

(...) I agree. But I am also positive that we need to aim higher than customer service. I am also positive that Lugnet is the WRONG forum for the many suggested online marketing database things, and other like suggestions -- a little bird told me (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What do I need to build a 4547 facsimile?

(...) Thanks Mike! Nice to know someone looks at these things from time to time. Kevin (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: It's Time AFOL Take Action!

(...) <snipped a lot of (in my opinion) blather> I disagree. The LEGO Group is a very large company that has the intertia of a supertanker. In other words, even if they magically got all of the best designs from the community and decided to make (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's Time AFOL Take Action!

(...) I agree with this totally. I think we should get off or butts and do this. I also suggest we call and complain to "costumer service" too. If they get about 30-50 calls about this for a while they will most likely reverse there direction and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: More scale questions (Was: Scale of Lego)

(...) model (...) Plan (...) scale, (...) All of (...) Well, if you go even further into the train scale history of Lego, it is also interesting to note that trains came out in the late 60's, before minifigs were around. In fact, I believe that it (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) Ya, it does work kind of well. (I've been doing it for a while now :). (and I doubt I was the first one to do it that way either!) (...) Try getting more 1200 piece buckets :) (or other large piece buckets) I know, though, that $ can be a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) Thanks for posting them Frank:) (...) It's simple and fast all right, if you don't run out of pieces like I did or maybe I just can't find them:) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: More scale questions (Was: Scale of Lego)

(...) I'm definitely no expert on train scales, since I don't get involved with any model railroading. But I do find it interesting that the original LEGO Scale (Town Plan scale) where the classic LEGO door is 3 bricks high is very close to 'HO' (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

In lugnet.town, Frank Filz writes: <snip> (...) Ryan sent me the pictures in advance - there's a real talent in the making here. I think his next layout, if he can get it donw, will be very impressive. I like his solution to the train track support (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 and 4547 Question

(...) Hunh? If they rereleased the 4558 the only thing it would "diminish" is the short-term market value. It wouldn't suddenly become a less worthy set, would it? For those interested in owning 4558, rereleasing would be a godsend. For those (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What do I need to build a 4547 facsimile?

(...) If anything could convince me to hold onto my train stuff it would be knowing the great sets could be reproduced like this in other color schemes. (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) I have posted 8 of Ryan's pictures (with his permission) here: (URL) Big pictures and real quick html coding, nothing fancy. (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Engine Speed Regulation

(...) (yes, they do regulate power, but I'm used to models not full size, where the water is of more concern usually than the power. Larry, take a look at (URL) some pics of my engines. For info, the Britannia (the green railway engine!) is very (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Engine Speed Regulation

Well, James corrected me and he's right(1). The Throttle is a restrictor (if you look up throttle, one meaning is to cut off airflow) in the steamline. Restricting the flow reduces the pressure in the steam chest. However most valve gear (cf. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

(...) I finally got around to putting some pictures of my layout (and other stuff) on my webpage.. (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Engine Speed Regulation

Thanks for the explanation! (Wow, so it is really possible to explain how the steam engine works without using a single picture!) (...) This looks like the PWM (pulse width modulation) method RCX uses to control its motor powers. Why the steam (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.trains)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

(...) I would like to join CLTC but i could only attend if in the So Cal area. i live in chatsworth just north of LA matt morgan (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: Level Crossing Barrier

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, James Powell (<FKJFJv.JHv@lugnet.com>) wrote at 21:26:19 (...) Or phone LEGO Consumer Service (UK) on 0990 070809 :-) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Level Crossing Barrier

(...) This is generous offer and I'd like to take you up on it. Before I do, what are the possibilities of getting a replacement direct from Lego themselves? People here (Lugnet in general) often talk of Lego providing replacements for missing items (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: New Engine Pics

Hi Jim, Unfortunately, the engine is a better looker than it is a runner. Being pushed by the motor in the tender, combined with the doubled flanged, spoked wheels and low "tie-scraping" pilot pivot bar, (one of the compromises to get a lot of open (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

(...) How about Bakersfield? It's pretty close to dead center. I happen to be a resident of this dismal rut, and might take interest in coordinating such a meeting of the minds. What kind of floor space are we talking about? I've never (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Level Crossing Barrier

(...) This part is easy to replace!. All you have to do is buy another pack of points from lego, as they include 3 of them with each pack. Otherwise, I could send you one if you really need it. James Powell (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WWLTC

(...) Sounds like a nice idea to me. We could also (slowly) work on a nice reference to all the club and personal web sites. It might also be nice to make space available to new clubs which don't have the resources to have their own web site yet (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Soft Opening

(...) ImageMagick will do mass thumbnails. Maybe not as auto-magically as some other tools, but it's free, and it runs on any platform. Steve (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My new Engine

(...) I was able to look at the pictures so no need unless you wanted to add captions. Hope to see more work from you (says me who hasn't even scanned the pictures I have so far...need to get a digital camera). (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Soft Opening

I use Front Page (but only the editor) and it has a thumb nail maker built in. A real time saver. For all the bad-mouthing I hear about Front Page I generally like it (I do love to bash MS when ever possible). The latest Photoshop has a batch mode (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Soft Opening

Steve- Thanks! I was just trying to live up to the standards the pnltc.org site sets. <g> The thumbnail overlays are from a program called debabbelizer that I used to create them. I haven't sprung for the full verision yet, and the demo splashes the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Soft Opening

(...) I'll jump in and reply here - that 'shadow' text is from the tool John used to create the thumbnails. If anyone knows of a good tool - preferably 'freeware' <grin> - to create thumbnail images, let us know! Yesterday J3 was doing the scanning, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  WWLTC

Hi All, Since there are clubs popping up all over the place I was wondering if a central web site for all Train clubs should be started. "World Wide LTC" We could all chip in a few buck for the URL domain name and have a jumping off point to all our (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Soft Opening

John, The site looks very nice. I don't have time to look at it all but the graphics and layout is very nice. I am inspired to give PNLTC site a face lift but time is tight. Good work! I did notice something. There is text on top of some thumbnails (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

I now have 8 pics and I still have 3 more to scan. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine

I sometimes use the webspace as a fileserver/junk box, I do have a real page in the works but it is not complete and I only get an hour or so a week to work on it. The town pics you saw were of the current setup I have. It's 2x4 baseplates large. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine

Nice. Snoopy me went to check out the rest of your web page and noticed a bunch of town pictures. What are they (and is there a page using them hidden somewhere)? They look nice and have some nice ideas shown. (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Level Crossing Barrier

I've just acquired a Level Crossing(4539), along with a couple of extra sets, from a boot fair. Everything is in extremely good condition and only three items appear to be missing. These are the swing arms from the Level crossing, the little red (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Soft Opening

I am pleased to announce the soft opening of the Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club's web site. The IP address may change and the DNS entry is not set yet, but if you'd like to view the site during this soft opening, you can find it at (URL) Kelly (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My new Engine

Thanks for the comments Larry and Ed. I stuck the space rocket piece on there as a quick fix, I plan on revisiting it soon. I also want to redo the fans on top with something larger than a 2x2 round plate. I also want to work on the front end a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine

It says Geep to me! Nice work. EL maroon is just about brown anyway. One nit (you *did* ask) is at the end of the high hood, if you could extend the triangular surface all the way to the top of the hood that would be better. Might be tricky to do (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine

Hi Chris - Others will have more in-depth analysis, but I like your color scheme quite a bit. The brown merely reflects a weathered burgundy on live engines. Nice job! Ed (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact