 Trains / 2571
2570  |  2572
Subject:
Train Newbie Delurk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 06:22:57 GMT

Hello. The time came and I have bought my ticket on the Trainhead Express.
I have pushed aside all other projects to get my first Lego train restored!
It's a 4.5V system that Chris Spencer once owned. A tired old 0-4-0 steam
engine
and some brick-shy rolling stock. But there is a lot of track for it to run on,
and my head is full of images. I've been buying railfan magazines like Vintage
Rails, and I'm interested in the Denver & Rio Grande ca. 1876 (having
encountered it in school), but I also want to build a New York City commuter
rail, except I don't get federal subsidies and it costs too much for
Metroliners. So. I settle for designing a few Tudor style train stations,
developing some plausible business model for my railroad of one engine (phase
one: hauling bricks!), and working out what sort of layout and grade I shall
put
up.

Over the next two years I want to build my Lego Town til it can get no longer,
and it seems that the arrival of the train is the first chapter.

I had been working on a Roman Villa, which is substantially complete, and I
haven't totally ruled out the idea of a "Twisted Roman Time Train" by Hero of
Alexandria.

Finally, it sure is helpful to have all of the great Lego Trains home pages out
there. I made sure to point to my favorites at the bottom of my new "Train
Page".

-Erik Olson
http://www.inch.com/~olsone