 Trains / 2579
Re: Metro Station Plus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 13:09:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Simon Robinson writes:

That's quite impressive. I like the stripe along the platform and
the way you've subtly changed small bits of the station, like the
decorations on the roof.

the yellow strip is in the style of the 'do not cross the yellow line' that is
on many UK stations to prevent people standing to close to the edge.

The subtle changes were more often forced through lack of bricks! e.g. the
yellow cones that go on the roof are currently in use on a pirate ship I
bought at a car boot sale that was missing them!
Also I didnt have enough small yellow round 'caps' that are used to add detail
along the roof line.

You've also solved what i always thought was one of the problems with
both the 4554 an the 2150 stations - that the models looked a bit
silly with this big impressive building and not even the slightest
canopy over the platform (Silly really since it would have only
taken a few extra Lego bricks to have included one in the sets)

Agreed. Wouldnt it have been easy to include a few plates for a canopy.

I would like to build a bigger station still.
I am trying to collect the bits for it but things like platforms are difficult
to find, or expensive at auctions.

I want to build a terminus, Waterloo style, with the metro station facing end
on and several platforms with a row of shops along the concorse, and of course
a glass roof.

regards
lawrence