 Trains / 2589
Re: Questions on selling train 'kits'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 22:44:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
Larry, (and anyone else with experence!)

I know that you have sold some of your coal cars.  I'm kind of curious as to
how many you have sold, and how you priced them (piece wise).
James Powell

Consider the potential buyers motivation to purchase a custom car.  I am a
proud owner of one of Larry's coal cars.  I considered what other Lego kits
were available (blue hopper) and the price I could expect to pay for one ($45).
I considered the time I would need to spend to come up with my own design and
the value of that time in $$'s.  I felt why re-invent the wheel, Larry has
already designed a great coal car.

The ideal custom car is one with a great/unique design that everyone will want.
It will be made from difficult to find parts that you happen to have a bucket
load of purchased real cheap.

Good Luck!

- Jim

----