 Trains / 2568
Re: Wrong Place
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 00:14:41 GMT

Roger D. Parks, Sc. D. wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.trains, Roger D. Parks writes:

-snip-

Whilst the TOS need to be followed, one should realise that, being
human, the users are likely to make mistakes.

Except, this wasn't a "mistake", this was completely deliberate...

JohnG
John...

And three wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

<grin>

I trust that you, at least, understood my protest to be what it was:
Not condoing Jason's breach, but concnerend about the demonstrated
over-reaction.

To a certain extent, Lugnet(tm) is self policing. James, John and others
are helping take a bit of the load off Todd, so he can concentrate on
doing more good stuff for us, which is what he wants to do, instead of
playing policeman, which needs to be done, but is no fun. Every minute
he spends cleaning up messes is a minute he isn't spending with his
beloved, or eating, or sleeping, or creating new wondrous things for us.

Now, maybe you weren't so keen on the way that John N. wrote his post
but I thought it was about the appropriate level of response to a very
very blatant disregard for Todd's private property.

We are all guests here and as such, should abide by the rules. Followups
to admin.general should you disagree.

To add my own oar to the din: Jason, factoree of mine, shame on you. You
know better, and I'm disappointed in you. Please don't do it again.