 Trains / *12869 (-100)
  APT front Windscreen (was Re: APT yellow-red 73degree slope stripe SNOT)

(...) I don't own any 73 degree inverted red slopes. APT front cab window: Here's how I built the front windscreen for the APT cab: (URL) Mathis (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HP-Set-Pictures at 1000steine.de

(...) Maybe - depends on the price point, but I could use the parts too. It's damn hard to get even a handful of useful general bits (i.e. assorted 1xn bricks and plates) out of a set nowadays - that one looks blocky enough to be useful. Doesn't (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HP-Set-Pictures at 1000steine.de

"Tim Strutt" <heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:GFnDIB.6y2@lugnet.com... (...) Express), (...) Red train windows are available in one of the Soccer Bus sets. They include glass as well. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HP-Set-Pictures at 1000steine.de

(...) Why can't it be in a smaller set!? That looks awsome, and all of the hair. Josh (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle)

  Re: HP-Set-Pictures at 1000steine.de

(...) It's pretty basic looking, but at least it's a source of red train windows for those of us who don't have any yet. Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT yellow-red 73degree slope stripe SNOT construction (was Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build)

(...) I certainly can't take credit for this; I'm sure other folks have done it before me! Just a matter of timing and awareness as to where the idea shows up. It's a good construction technique; one that I had to use because I don't own any inverse (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HP-Set-Pictures at 1000steine.de

(...) I won't be wasting my money on that juniorized junk (The Hogwarts Express), better to put my money in the new train car sets coming out. -Harvey (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HP-Set-Pictures at 1000steine.de

(...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: HP-Set-Pictures at 1000steine.de

(...) me is the Hogwarts Express. There seems to be lots of new hair and headgear pieces. Plus 2 colors of Purple sorcerers hats. There are purple chairs. The Owls look pretty cool. Plus it looks like a cool set of armor in the big Castle set. Only (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle)

  Re: APT yellow-red 73degree slope stripe SNOT construction (was Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build)

(...) future, as my trains are covered in SNOT. Especially the green one. Mind if I include those pictures on a permanent page? I'd give you full credit and any link you want. (I have to admit though that I thought you'd just used an inverted red (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  SD45 rear "flared" radiator

I've been trying to figure out how I would make & mount the rear "flared" radiator on a SD45. I was thinking 75 degree slopes, but then I realied the 33's mounted sideways would look the best. Here's my sample shot: (URL) Long hood will be 5 wide (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train sets 10013, 10014 Ships August 3rd

(...) I hope so! Josh (who just found HO scale trains 50% off and accidently got a domestic money order for Canada [gonna have to cash thet one...]) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Small AFOL- and Train-meeting in May 2001

This one looks like a prime candidate for a Rail Racer, need to bring it over to Brickfest and race it. (URL) J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:3B39CAC7.30E2F0...est.net... (...) Ralf's (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT yellow-red 73degree slope stripe SNOT construction (was Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build)

(...) Thanks for the building tip. Gotta just love your building ingenuity. These tips definitely save me a lot of time trying to figure out how to incorporate these techniques. Man, that's one long train. Sure hope you don't have any inclines on (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train sets 10013, 10014 Ships August 3rd

The trains sets are now available for backorder for shipment on August 3rd. Perhaps this is the August surprise. (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  APT yellow-red 73degree slope stripe SNOT construction (was Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build)

(...) Sam (and interested others): Here is the method I employed to flip the red 73 degree slope studs-down to interface agains the studs-up yellow 73 degree slope. (URL) used a similar construction in the 17xx Dutch locomotive to flip the front (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

The original Pantone pallette I used had CMYK values, I translated them via Photoshop for your convience. I assumed in web development (like the colors use on the BricWorx color selector) and most non-print graphic design are done in RGB. SteveB (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) HSL and HSV are both valid models, IIRC I think they are close but not the same. I forget the difference. I think Luminance (and the entire RGB model too) is more useful or applicable for things that do color by giving off light, like monitors (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) CMYK is Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black (subtractive color model vs RGB additive color model). CMY gives you a muddled gray/brown so K is added for pure black. Go to (URL) then option 2b, Color Theory for a nice presentation on the topic. I (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) I'm assuming "CMYK" translates to something along the lines of Blue,Red,Yellow,Black? Or more appropriately "Cyan","Magenta","Yellow",K? (what the heck would K be?) If you had the CMYK values, could these be mathematically translated into (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) ought to do that sampling on their own?? I was at an ink manufacturer recently and they can take colors in either RGB or CMYK but prefer the latter. (they also have spectrophotometers that you can just put things under and get ink recipes from (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: is Octan a real brand?

(...) <snip> (...) I usually do! *I'd* just assumed that TLC had had a falling out with Shell and decided to go with a fictitious company instead-- less legal hassles;-) If Octan were real, I'd have thought that they would have been a little more (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes: Steve Barile's colors (...) colors I've seen (try lugnet.cad), not counting Suzanne Rich's (which might be the same as Mosaic Maker is producing). It's naive to think there is "one true RGB" color. It's (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

Here's a different type, one for print colors (CMYK). To read those color values, use something like Photoshop to sample inside framed boxes. some of these may be considered official, as well as the naming scheme. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Octan Fuel Storage Tanks - Fueling Train Car Question

Larry and all, (...) Right, well, I might have to build two separate fuel racks, because of the layout. It should nto be too hard, I can use those newer tubes from various sets with the TECHNIC peg attachments. One for the top, one for the bottom. I (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) Silly me, he TOLD us how he got the RGB values... I'll just modify the question and ask "I wonder how Mosaic Maker got its RGB values?" DaveE (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) Red: 204,0,0 Blue: 0,51,153 Yellow: 251,228,25 (these were the only ones I checked since they're in Hex on the Mosaic form and I'm lazy) The mosaic form has Hex colors (in the order they appear in the table): #CC0000 #FF6666 #FFDEDC #5C2000 (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

Excellent! I'm sure many people would be interested in it. Like Larry said - turn it into a Lugnet web page and add it to a Lugnet FAQ. Bryan "sebarile-MOBL" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:GFLKDs.C7K@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Scott Sanburn" <ssanburn@indalex.com> wrote in message news:GFLJqz.ABI@lugnet.com... (...) out (...) I take it there has not been a date or time frame mentioned for the new train cars? Bryan (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) Tres useful! Ought to be widely crossposted! (seems like FAQ material, almost) ++Lar (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Octan Fuel Storage Tanks - Fueling Train Car Question

(...) Like Rob said there is a small platform called a "fuel rack"... it has underplatform flexible pipes that connect to tank car bottom drains and it has pipes mounted on arms (small cranes, sort of) that can bring fuel to the expansion dome fill (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  RGB color values for many brick colors

Just found this chart I did a while back and thought I'd post it for everyone's enjoyment :) I tried to get the RGB color values for many brick colors using a huge paper version Pantone pallette. Here are the results. (URL) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: is Octan a real brand?

Even with post verification I accidentally left out that I tried a google search and couldn't come up with any Octan company, other than our Lego one (hence the link)! Maybe there is a small Portugese one, but it doesn't get a mention online. Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: is Octan a real brand?

(...) do I? James (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: is Octan a real brand?

Take a look: (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Octan Fuel Storage Tanks - Fueling Train Car Question

Rob & All, (...) Thanks! So just pipes out to those racks, and they fill up via the top of the tank cars. Hmm.... I wonder if those new Octan tanker cars will come out in time! : ) Just what I was thinking of, so thanks again! : ) Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small AFOL- and Train-meeting in May 2001

(...) Hello Harvey, you'll find some images of an older version of my german crocodile here (URL) big Shell-tanker is also shown in my brickshelf-gallery. Best regards, Andreas (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: is Octan a real brand?

(...) Speak for yourself - I'd always assumed it was a brand from mainland Europe that I'd just never heard of. I know Lego used the 'Shell' brand a long time ago, and I assumed they'd just struck a new deal with someone else. I don't know how (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Octan Fuel Storage Tanks - Fueling Train Car Question

(...) See: (URL) structures rail side are loading racks. Pipes run from the base of the tanks to the racks. The articulated boom pipes lower to the tank cars. The loading rack can either be pump fed or gravity fed depending on the relative vertical (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Octan Fuel Storage Tanks - Fueling Train Car Question

TO All the Train Guru's out there, I am building two Octan Fuel Storage tanks for the MLTC GATS display in Grand Rapids, Michigan and I have a question. How do the tanker cars get fuel from those round tanks? Is there a special mechanism or is it (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small AFOL- and Train-meeting in May 2001

(...) That krokodil engine is the best version I've seen yet. As for the tanker waggons? I'll have to find a way to shamelessly copy those! He! He! When I first glanged at the trains, I thought they were from Marklin. Keep up the awesome work over (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small AFOL- and Train-meeting in May 2001

(...) The trains look terrific! In that sunny, outdoor setting with your finely detailed trains, I was reminded of seeing the trains at LEGOLand. Very impressive! Kudos to you all:-) (...) -John (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Small AFOL- and Train-meeting in May 2001

Hi all, i just uploaded some pictures from a little meeting in May 2001 at Ralf's house in Dinslaken Germany. The weather was fine, the layout was set up in the garden and the barbeque was really nice! See some pictures of Andreas Buergel's freight (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build ABS form

(...) Awesome, I'd even allow this to run on my layout! (and I'm not a pasenger train type of guy either) Quite a neat job on that one, James! -Harvey (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Town Style

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GFJtK3.A6I@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) styles (...) realistic (...) buildings, (...) my (...) share (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) look (...) [ ... snipped ... ] In this picture (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:GFK4wy.KD@lugnet.com... (...) body. (...) stress (...) I must be very slow; I still don't get it! :) Iain (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build ABS form

(...) The pendular mechanism has a lever-arm-wedge that pushes "out" and "up" on the undercarriage. The tilt could be the result of the centripetal force through a curve, but weight of the car and the "zero" gap above the bogie plate between the (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build ABS form

(...) You are a genius. Here I am spending my weekend building Mini's[1] while you are building an APT. It looks great, and the pendular mechanism is simply the result of the centripetal force, right? Very nicely done. Chris 1. I mention the Mini (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build ABS form

Cool! I love your train and the detail - I live in England and it immediately struck me as a british style train. Any plans to build instructions? I want to know how to make the 'tilted' red stripe (near the front) - or did you not have it tilted? (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Has anyone got any of these please?

Hi all, I have started building my first MOC - nearly finished the first carriage, but I need a couple of bits to help me, and here they are: [Go to address to view pic] 1x1x1 yellow bricks - 8 of these please [not flat]! (URL) trans-yellow lights - (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Town Style

(...) I must say I much prefer the realistic style, as I like my town to look realistic, but that's my opinion - All my building are MOCs, and are based on ones I've seen in real life. It's up to you really, I have no actual Lego sets in my town so (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Town Style

(...) Good question!! I agree with Kevin, it's what YOU prefer. If you are building for shows, using the facade pattern means that you can get more buildings in (all the buildings at the back are just facades and thus take up less space...) Totally (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Town Style

Hi All, I'm working hard getting my town/train setup and after visiting a number of other peoples town sites I got to thinking. There are two different styles at work, one is a realistic style, makeing the buildings, etc.. as realistic as possible, (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: is Octan a real brand?

(...) lol that would be funny if it were and we thought it fictitious all these years! Since Octan is transported mostly by LEGO trains, I've crossposted there:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Sets #10013 and #10014

(...) I wondered about repeating the links, but the files are in publicly accessible directories and the files are numbered consecutively. It is not like we are cracking into a private directory. LEGO is being naive if they think no one is going to (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide fright cars

(...) Ahh, YES, that's the exact way I did it. Sorry, I really forgot, that James was the one, who made the Version 2 of Gianluca's offset style. I saw it in real at some of Andreas Buegels 8-wide train cars at a little meeting in May. (Pictures (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Sets #10013 and #10014

Hmmmm this made me think. The Danish version has more sets that the American.... but the 3 last cars are not in any of them Well, that mean more to come. Sonnich Andreas Stabno <similego@home.com> wrote in message news:GFDus3.2H2@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general)

  Re: 7 wide sleepers online

(...) I like this. Very nicely done. 7-wide ;-) That is a nice number! later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build ABS form

(...) I'm actually very ignorant as to how the real APT tilts. What little I do know makes me think that the pendular axis is very low; maybe just above the bogie near the floor? I think the APT used a very active forced-tilt with some kind of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  7 wide sleepers online

Dear friends! Today I got the final pictures for showing my cars to you. They are the same cars which I used in Kohala, just here are the details. (URL) realise that they soon might be able to be built in green, but I have them in blue now and they (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build ABS form

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:GFI7GG.36J@lugnet.com... (...) That seems to make sense. CN's original "Turbo" exhibited this characteristic; today, the TALGO tilting trainsets also tilt this way. I don't know of a lot of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide fright cars

(...) Did you use this design? (URL) was inspired by Gianluca's original design for the odd offset, but ended up with a different construction. I'm not sure my solution is "1/5" offset. There was some discussion of the fractio, but I've since (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Sets #10013 and #10014

(...) I don't really fall into 'knows much about railroading', but aren't they 0 for 3 on that copy? Steve Christopher! have you backed up your data? (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Sets #10013 and #10014

(...) Steve Christopher! have you backed up your data? (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general)

  Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build ABS form

(...) <snip> (...) WOW! That is the sweetest looking passenger train I've laid eyes on since the Metroliner. And I'd even hazard to say that it tops the Metroliner. Words can't express how impressed I am with it. You've done an awesome job on that (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  14 wide boxcar! (was Re: [Review] 3451 "Sopwith Camel")

<various snippage> Nice work, Kev! I like:-) I have an idea for the ends of your boxcar which I plan to employ whenever I get around to it (far too many irons in the fire!). Try using this element to achieve the corrugated effect on the ends: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide fright cars

(...) posting (...) Hi Shaun, check (URL) for details. That's a scrabble of Gianluca, showing the technic. But there is another slightly different one, I used that one... Regards, Holger (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show - Day 2

Yeah, and I think the skateboard was produced wayback for Fabuland. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, iPlanet Web Server Technical Support | Netscape Communications Corp | A division of AOL Time Warner | iPlanet Support - (URL) Please do not associate my (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide fright cars

Yeah, they are so cool that it's scary;-) <g,d,r> All seriousness aside, I think these are awesome MOCs HoMa! Very creative and inspiring! Keep up the (8wide) good work:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Wheels was Re: Sets

I was just doing a little surfing and found a few pictures of some really old train sets that have similar wheels to the Hogwarts Express. It looks like they've used the old wheels and changed them to use the newer pegs instead of however they (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build ABS form

My attempt to model the British Rail Advanced Passenger Train set is progressing. The "real-build" ABS consist is: 1. cab unit (driver trailer second) 2. passenger car (trailer second) 3. passenger car (trailer brake first) 4. motor unit (non (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: New 8-wide fright cars

How is that "1/5" offset accomplished? I must have missed the original posting about it - but I love it! What's the secret? -s (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show - Day 2

(...) Check out: (URL) Especially now they are (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: [Review] 3451 "Sopwith Camel"

(...) Yow. Well. What else could I say to that, but Thanks very much! :) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3451 "Sopwith Camel" 14-wide boxcar

(...) Yeah, it is a tad short, I was hoping I'd get away with it, considering that the roof makes it look quite old, and most older rail cars were pretty small.. (then again it kinda looks like it's got metal sides, which would make it newer and (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide fright cars

(...) Nice work! Quite the collection of brown bits in that one car, and nice job on the red car - I'm glad I'm not the only one who builds 'em loooooong! :) It took me a while to notice that the brown one only runs two axles, much to my surprise (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

"Scott Sanburn" <ssanburn@indalex.com> wrote in message news:GFHMr2.74G@lugnet.com... (...) We did indeed have a kids play area and it really worked out well. This is the layout (from Track Designer) that we had in the kids area: (URL) Saturday we (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  More Raleigh GATS pictures

Here are my pictures: (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Sets #10013 and #10014

(...) Without trying to be a wet blanket (I *did* wait several days to point this out) TLC has pointed out in the past that they consider stuff that you cannot navigate to via things you can click on from a public starting point... they consider (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Sets #10013 and #10014

(...) No, the other cars are not listed on the web site. We are assuming that they will be released, but LEGO has not released them. The sets were found by entering alternate numbers into the URL field. The speculation is that LEGO put these images (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide fright cars

(...) Thanks, I used 2,5 bags of brown 1x2 from S@H mainly, the rest is collected from Star Wars. (...) Congratulations, a very very cool way of building stufff unusual! sinp "the great things" (...) They are all grey, but I just own 2 Droid Escape (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

(...) We had a kids table. It was definitely a hit. I think it was occupied most of the show. (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New 8-wide fright cars

Excellent creations,HoMa! I just want brown parts enough to convert to this color my freight wagons!! (...) Yes,I think I was the beginner...it's 1/5 stud. (...) Yes,because many brains work better than one,and ideas sharing is a great,positive (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Engine MOCs

(...) wheels. Most of the time I can't tell the wagons from the engines on here! I like the use of titchy wheels for bogeys, then the motor for drivers. Difficult to make that look good, but you do. Jason J Railton Steamers not stinkers. (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide fright cars

(...) Beautiful. Simply beautiful. The custom "HoMa Chemical" sticker is a well done accent. later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  New 8-wide fright cars

Hi all, just some days BEFORE Lego® announced the new S@H train car, especially the tank-car, I build two MOC-tank cars: (URL) are also some pictures of a red and brown fright car using the offset - less than 1/2 stud - walls which Gianluca Morelli (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3451 "Sopwith Camel" 14-wide boxcar

(...) Very nice!! Good thing John Neal is more of a passenger train guy, or he'd be going nuts trying to come up with something better... The weathered look of the roof pieces is great - it really adds to the character of the boxcar. One question (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

To All, Wow, your display looks really awesome. There is so much to say, but it is great! I noticed there is a kids table, perhaps? Is that for one of those workshops, or another purpose? I loved the trailer too, at MichLUG's Contraption show this (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

"Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message (2) (...) isn't. (...) into (...) So, (...) Lego Direct or the larger corporate unit, either way it does not matter to me who markets the train line. I'm very pleased that someone at (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: [Review] 3451 "Sopwith Camel"

(...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show - Day 2

(...) Yup. A couple of the families involved are not as rigidly pure as the rest of us. I've got to admit that it's a nice set, but the brick quality is just too poor for me to give it much thought. (...) There is a LEGO skateboard, it's just rather (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

Thanks everyone for your patient inquiries... PNLTC confirms that we will be hosting an Ambassador Train on the L2K1 layout this August 4-5 at LEGOLAND California. I'll be heading this task myself. In order to streamline the process and fit a tight (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: [Review] 3451 "Sopwith Camel"

(...) Well, it took me longer than I thought it would to get pics taken and put up, and even then it's hardly a revolutionary application (although I'm putting them to *PROPER* use)[Grin&Duck].... on the other hand it's hardly a standard width, (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show - Day 2

(...) I was going to comment about the part used in this picture: (URL) are Lego going to produce parts like this? Especially now they are sponsoring Andy Macdonald, the skateboard champion! Martin (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show - Day 2

What's that I see behind the first black monorail picture... could it be a .... Megabock Skateboard Park :) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  BricWorx Press Release

In the latest issue of Shop Notes, the BricWorx foundry announced: New Release BricWorx is proud to announce the first release of our freight train line. We are kicking off this line with a Chessie System diesel engine. The first limited run of the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show - Day 2

(...) Aw, man, Frank, you REALLY deserve a smack for that pun! -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest train Room (was Re: MOC display space)

lets see: approx 60 x 65 feet approx 720 x 780 inches 72 x 78 base plates that's 5616 base plates if we don't mind floating around the room and i still like the idea of sending the train around the whole floor at least one track line. "Christina (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show - Day 2

(...) I see lots of nice MOC's in there, including a black Crocodile Engine. Very cool. And I especially like the use you guys found for the small buckets. That is hilarious. Well done. I'm sure you brought a few more kids into the LEGO fold. <grin> (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact