 Trains / 11962
Re: APT yellow-red 73degree slope stripe SNOT construction (was Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:49:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
Sam (and interested others):
Here is the method I employed to flip the red 73 degree slope studs-down to
interface agains the studs-up yellow 73 degree slope.

Cunning - I'm looking to do a list of SNOT techniques on my website in the
future, as my trains are covered in SNOT.  Especially the green one.  Mind
if I include those pictures on a permanent page?  I'd give you full credit
and any link you want.

(I have to admit though that I thought you'd just used an inverted red slope...)

I used a similar construction in the 17xx Dutch locomotive to flip the front
windscreen studs-down:
later,
James Mathis

Well, I thought the APT was great but that train is fantastic.  I only have
steam on my layout, but I'd make an exception for something that looks that
good.  Sorry to be praising an older job when you're obviously throwing
everything into the APT, but I like it.  Lego yellow is a great colour, but
there's not a lot you can realistically do in it apart from construction
vehicles.  (And no, I don't need referrels to lots of pictures of yellow
American diesels thank you very much Larry :-).

Jason J Railton