 Model Team / 291
Re: [Review] 3451 "Sopwith Camel"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 08:12:28 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Kevin Maynes writes:
In lugnet.modelteam, Frank Filz writes:

<rampant, wanton snippage>

I must say, I'll be curious to see how people use the brown 6x16
tile/plates.

Frank

[grin] Gimme a week. :)

Well, it took me longer than I thought it would to get pics taken and put up,
and even then it's hardly a revolutionary application (although I'm putting
them to *PROPER* use)[Grin&Duck].... on the other hand it's hardly a standard
width, it'll more likely give Mister Neal a run for his money (or maybe just a
laugh) than anything else.

http://www.kmaynespaint.com/Pages/Subsidiaries/Sub_LGnRB/14W.html

Anyway, I hugely concur with Larry's review, great set. Locals are wanting them
in great numbers just for the parts, plus one for display. (I'll let said
locals speak for themselves should they feel the need.) I'm starting to want to
buy an extra so I can keep it hanging from the ceiling as well.
I want also to thank and credit Ralph Doring for his pictorial inventory of the
set, it helped me decide to go ahead and spend the money on my two copies of
the set. (I thought there were only 4 big plates, but there's 8, and since I
need 16, it's suddenly more viable, budget-wise. Woo!)

I'm leaving the FUT's as they are for this post (and tacking on .trains) 'cause
it's still kinda appropriate, though if anyone's got anything to add please
mind where you're sending it. :)

Cheers,
KMaynes