 Model Team / 290
Re: [Review] 3451 "Sopwith Camel"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:21:01 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Frank Filz writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
RATINGS (Scale:  Must-Have  Excellent  Very-Good  Good  Fair  Poor)
Set: Must-Have  /  Model: Very-Good  /  Playability: Fair to Poor

Yes, this is what we all seem to like. In my eyes this is at least the best set
since 5571 - maybe even better! It got my 100% vote.

0 minifigs (the cockpit probably cannote take a Belville or Technic figure
but is a bit too large for a minifig. Jack Stone maybe?)

I did try a Creator minifig, and discovered YAY! Creator minifigs look
decent in Model Team vehicles. Now my Shell Ferrari and Big Foot 4x4
have drivers. They do look a little like kids in the cockpits, but their
heads come to a reasonable level. Another good pilot for the Sopwith
Camel would be one of the Fabuland Crow pilots (I tried a Fabuland
figure and they fit well also).

I have made some small chances to give room for the legs of a technic figure.
Additionally the seat had to be placed a little deeper, but then it worked
perfectly!

Take a look here:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/mod_team/mod_team.html
and some more here:
(brickshelf is a little slow today...)

With the blueprint of the Camel telling it is 8 ft. 6 in. high, the
Technic-fig pilot would have a height of ca. 5 ft. and a few inches or somewhat
around 1.55 meter.

Kind Regards,

Ben