 Trains / 12163
Re: 14 wide boxcar! (was Re: [Review] 3451 "Sopwith Camel")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 19:43:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
<various snippage> • <likewise>
Try using this element to achieve the corrugated effect on the ends:

http://lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/images/2653.gif

I've been noodling a bit with this idea, but no real success as yet - with the
current length of the car the endoskeleton reaches right to the edges of
available space, and as such precludes the use of bricks pretty much anywhere.
Then there's the small issue of a lack of elements, particularly more rusty
roof bits and the 1x4/groove brick in mass quantities.. then again I guess
that's what brickbay is all about!
Someday. I think for now though it'll be fine as a rickety-old-shortie kinda
car.

I also have built a 14 wide Hiawatha passenger car which I have yet to take
pics of-- took me about 2 years to accumulate the necessary bricks for *that*
one:-p

Yow. Now that just demands to be pictured and posted, no? :) I look forward to
seeing it. No pressure, whenever you've the time.

<more snipping>

Well, 14 wide is the same width as G scale, so I'd call that pretty standard,
especially if you are using G scale trucks....

Careful, you're using the terms "standard" and "G scale" in the same sentence..
by the sounds of it them's fightin' words in TMR circles.
:^D
Not that I care.. scale schmale.. if it's Lego and looks right, it is.

Anyway, thanks for looking and for the corrugation idea. We'll build a 14W
empire yet!

Cheers,
Kmaynes

http://www.kmaynespaint.com/Pages/Subsidiaries/Sub_LGnRB/14W.html