 Trains / 11920
Re: Town Style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:50:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Lairson writes:
Hi All,
I'm working hard getting my town/train setup and after visiting a number of
other peoples town sites I got to thinking. There are two different styles
at work, one is a realistic style, makeing the buildings, etc.. as realistic
as possible, and the "lego" style, which we all know (open backed buildings,
buildings that are only about 8-10 studs deep, etc..) I've been building my
stuff in the lego stlye, so that I can use Lego sets in my town with out
them standing out.
My question for the groop is, is there a prefered style to use? I'm sure
it's just a matter of personal opinion, but I would like so people to share
their views on it...

Good question!!

I agree with Kevin, it's what YOU prefer. If you are building for shows,
using the facade pattern means that you can get more buildings in (all the
buildings at the back are just facades and thus take up less space...)

Totally your call, there is no wrong answer. Consider the factors, do you
have kids that like to roleplay? Openback may be better. Do you want to look
at your buildings from all angles? Solid may be better.

Cross posted to lugnet.town

Actually, what you did, I think, was not crosspost, it was to post two
posts, copies of each other, to the two different groups. At least that was
my perception, they seemed to have shown up as separate. I have posted this
reply to both groups. Dup posting is to be avoided where possible, so you
may want to check your newsreader settings or docs to see... not a big issue
but did want to point it out.

++Lar