 Trains / 11936
Re: Octan Fuel Storage Tanks - Fueling Train Car Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:13:47 GMT

Rob & All,

See:
http://www.magma.ca/~morcomp/Images/1976-aer-1-16.jpg

Those structures rail side are loading racks.  Pipes run from the base of
the tanks to the racks.  The articulated boom pipes lower to the tank cars.
The loading rack can either be pump fed or gravity fed depending on the
relative vertical postion of the storage tanks.

Thanks! So just pipes out to those racks, and they fill up via the top of
the tank cars. Hmm.... I wonder if those new Octan tanker cars will come out
in time! : )

Just what I was thinking of, so thanks again! : )

Scott S.