 Publishing / 2911
Re: RGB color values for many brick colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 22:19:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.publish, Larry Pieniazek writes:
http://www.baseplate.com/colors/gif-pic.html

Cool. Do you know the actual CMYK values, or are you saying that everyone
ought to do that sampling on their own??

I'm assuming "CMYK" translates to something along the lines of
Blue,Red,Yellow,Black?
Or more appropriately "Cyan","Magenta","Yellow",K? (what the heck would K be?)

If you had the CMYK values, could these be mathematically translated into
RGB,HSL? (Why did I think HSL was HSV? -- Hue, Saturation, Lumination?) Or
visa versa?

HSL and HSV are both valid models, IIRC I think they are close but not the
same. I forget the difference.

I think Luminance (and the entire RGB model too) is more useful or
applicable for things that do color by giving off light, like monitors and
CMYK is more applicable for things that reflect it like pages but there are
ways to interchange values...

Trimmed FUT to just .publish