 Technic / 4712
Re: Call me a Lego purist if you will but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 20:45:47 GMT

What a top set that would be Duq.  But how about 8850 truck and 8862 JCB.
Perhaps each limited edition issue could be a collection of types of model.
Set no 1 could include the parts for all of the super size cars, Set 2 for
all of the planes, set three for all of the forklift vehicles and on and on.
Obviously we would all go out and buy enough sets to build all of the models
at once.

As for plastic, well it is in a way a sustainable material, yes it takes
some energy to make and then again it does not degrade, but looked after
well (ie. don't tie it to the back of your grifter), it lasts forever!  I
think Greenpeace actually love Lego.  How about a Lego Greenpeace Ship?

All the best

Andrew

In lugnet.technic, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
"Andrew Bissell" <ABNews@tesco.net> wrote in message
<snip>
Do others want the old sets re-released, do you think it would be worth
starting a web campaign, is there an e-mail address we could all bombard
asking the same thing?  Should we phone Greenpeace?

Best Regards

Andrew
http://www.andrewbissell.com
I think we'd better leave Greenpeace out of this, they probably won't agree
with all that plastic....

Isn't next year the 25th anniversary of Technic? I think it was '77 when
850-853 were released. How about LEGO do a limited edition re-release? I bet
George Lucas can teach them a thing or two about making money from a
re-release....
I can see the box before me....
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=42502)

Duq