 Technic / 4720
Re: Call me a Lego pureist if you will but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:20:37 GMT

Tobbe Arnesson wrote:

I just built the 8446 Monster Crane Truck and I say we just have to
learn to use these new parts!

I'm truly amazed... Must be one of the best Technic set's from 1999.

To bad it looks like something out of a bad Mars movie though...

Indeed, if the green bits were replaced with white it would remind me of
one of the Eagle spaceships from Space 1999. A bad Moon series as
opposed to bad Mars movie - close enough I think :-) I am still not
convinced this is an entirely bad thing, however.

I really like the use of the Slizer pieces in the grab of this model,
very creative IMHO. And as far as I am concerned, the wheels and tyres
on it are the business, some of the best looking Lego have made, which
also work well at Technic figure scale for trucks.

Jennifer Clark