 Technic / 4723
Re: Call me a Lego pureist if you will but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:03:53 GMT

To bad it looks like something out of a bad Mars movie though...

Indeed, if the green bits were replaced with white it would remind me of
one of the Eagle spaceships from Space 1999. A bad Moon series as
opposed to bad Mars movie - close enough I think :-) I am still not
convinced this is an entirely bad thing, however.

Not entirely a bad thing but I've been looking in to alot of
harvesters for forest use lately and I guess this one is supposed to
be some sort of hartvester/lumber crane.

I really like the use of the Slizer pieces in the grab of this model,
very creative IMHO. And as far as I am concerned, the wheels and tyres
on it are the business, some of the best looking Lego have made, which
also work well at Technic figure scale for trucks.

Also very clever use of the bent beams to secure things. My fingers
are quite soar after taking it apart...

The wheels look great! The Tractor Puller got two of these as well but
with yellow rims.

I took some pictures of the monster crane and I will post them on my
new webiste I'm working on, but the site still has a few days of work
before I put them OnLine, so it might take a week or so, but I guess
you folks can wait that long :)

/Tobbe