 Technic / 4671
Re: Call me a Lego pureist if you will but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:43:38 GMT

SuperD wrote:

==============================
The following pieces are junk:
==============================

http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/misc/misc_2.html
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/misc/misc_3.html
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/throw/throw_5.html
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/throw/throw_4.html
  *** However, the gearbox is kinda useful :+)
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/throw/throw_3.html
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/throw/throw_2.html
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/throw/throw_1.html
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/flex/flex_4.html

Despite your assertions to the contrary, many of the elements you listed
are *not* junk. The corrugated tubes are extremely useful, not only for
decoration but for constructing flexible articulated touch bumpers in
robots. Many of the Throwbot joints and liftarms have superfluous
decorative characteristics, but are nonetheless functional; and the
projectile cannon is quite good at what it does (it's optimized for
shooting cats, right?), and cannot be feasibly replicated with other elements.

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918 - accutron@kih.net
The University of Kentucky - SECC Middlesboro ASC
http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/brickdreams/
http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/rcxbug/