 Technic / *17901 (-100)
  Re: Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)

(...) Yes, and no. The problem is they are hard plastic with ridges, so if a tread ridge catches on a rough portion of the surface, they push fine... but if the surface is smooth, they'll just slide (very low coefficient of friction). The width is (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

"Geoffrey Hyde" <g.hyde@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:JCAxx2.8KF@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) forgot to include the URL of the set I was talking about. Here is is above. Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:JCAvs8.H94@lugnet.com... (...) Have you considered using the new 5-wide treads found in the new Technic Snowmobile? They seem a lot more suited to driving over most surfaces with their added (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)

(...) The more I thought about this, the more I liked this idea: I wanted to make a really high-mobility vehicle, but the problem with wheels is they are really stopped by steps greater than their own radius (well, partially, ignoring pushing from (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer

(...) InfraRed-Remote Controlled -Batteries Powered trains ? :D Didier (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer

(...) Yes, I know, but, obviously, it was useless for me to make my own translation :-) Didier (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer

(...) The possibilities will be endless. I hope they can operate on the same channels as the mana bricks ! (...) Those two wires will supply the two recievers. if you can stack them, why not have four recivers, each on different channels? why not (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer

(...) Didier, it's the translation of what I wrote in the french article ;) To bring more information about the electric system : (URL) is the batteries box. The connectors are indeed stackable. Two wires are connected to the batteries box. (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) Does this have any hopes of interactivity with the NXT? (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) I don't think so. the upper bogie looks like the backside of a small bevel gear, while the lower bogie assembly looks like it uses this: (URL) electrical connector is interesting. First, it looks stackable (there are electrical connections on (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

In lugnet.technic, Chris Orchard wrote: SNIPPED (...) According to (URL) with the new caterpillars, it embarks a very new electric system with infra-red order. A remote control with two orders being able to control 4 different channels and two (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) Does anyone have infomation on whether the ir receivers / control-box are multi-channel? If they are, I'm buying 2-3 sets as soon as they get here! Chris - Think It, Build It, Share It. (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) Excellent pix. Looks like the small wheels used to form the bogies are a new wheel, am I right? (In addition to loads of other more obvious new parts.) -dave (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) Bulldozer. (URL) I especially like this pic of the treads- (URL) Adr. (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) released. Is it just me or does the new technic dozer bear a striking resemblance to the komatsu D575: (2 URLs) ?? -Ben (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 8466 4 X 4 HELP!!!

(...) Like Tim said in his reply, if gears are snapping, it's not assembled correctly. While 8466 isn't the best drive system, it does work when assembled correctly. You should be able to push it along on the floor in any gear and it should work (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  French Toy Fair 2007 : pictures !

Hi, FreeLUG members were to the french Toy Fair. We wrote an article (in french) on our website (URL) Among the new sets, we can spotlight : the new electrical system with IR remote control, for the Technic bulldozer and the Creator Dino. The (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.year.2007, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !!

  Re: 8466 4 X 4 HELP!!!

(...) It's not assembled correctly, I'm sorry to say. It's not the best transmission ever, but it does work. It's the same as the one in 8448. 8880 has a better design, IMO, even if it has fewer gears. Tim (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  8466 4 X 4 HELP!!!

Okay, I went to the unbelievable trouble of building my OWN set for the 8466, which is cool because i made it black and RED, with red body parts. I am having trouble with the transmission. No matter where the shifter is in position if you push the (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) take a year! It looks awesome! Why is it that us lugnetters are discovering sets later than before? The snowmobile was posted here right when it hit stores in America, yet last year the tow truck was discovered and posted many months before it (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's the difference?

Hello All, Nice and correct description, Luis. A range changer would have a ratio of 1:4 in this example. (16z/16z and 32z/8z) A Splitter would have a ratio of 1: 1.25. (16z/16z and 16z/12z) Hmm, these ratios are a little bit hard to build though... (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's the difference?

(...) Mechanically, I would think of the splitter as an additional gearbox. Using the same example Maico gave, you have a 4-speed plus reverse gearbox. The splitter would be simply an additional 2-speed gearbox. Suppose the ratios in the 4-speed (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) A closer look at the upper right pic reveals that the combine harvester pretty much has all the same functions as the last "official" combine harvester model, 8862's alternate model. It DOES look better than 8862's, though. (18 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) interesting. been thinking of doing one of these for a long time. (...) two new motor types? new ir receiver? -dave (18 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

And... I wanted to add that the Bulldozer seems to include lots of classic technic bricks. (18 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

8274 Combine Harvester (URL) RC Bulldozer (URL) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Mindstorms fabrication/manufacturing line...

(...) That machine is ingenious. I like the way he has his RCX bricks communicating by traveling along with the assembly line. I also like the frame he made to hold the wheels while the body was pushed onto them. Brilliant. (...) This reply is (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's the difference?

(...) Yes, and keep in mind that the advantage with an 18speed transmission that I described in my last post,is that you could go through your low gears without splitting them, flick into high range and split whichever gears you want...gives you (...) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How to use this part to flip something?

(...) I realized in this picture, you can see a little more of the part in the lower left of this image. (URL) Since the part is at the core of the joint, it is hard to see it. You can see where the joint pivots, that is where the pivot point of the (...) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

"Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@aol.com> wrote in message news:JApuop.Jny@lugnet.com... (...) That's an awesome model there! Any chance you can show how you used the part in a separate image? (...) I see. Well, almost! ;-) But that's a load of eye (...) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How to use this part to flip something?

(...) I used that part to act as the fulcrum and geared lever for the suspension on my (URL) Blue Quad>. (URL) (...) I used the part to create an shock absorb/dampen system, because the part is also used as a fulcrum, the shock returns it to (...) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  How to use this part to flip something?

(URL) been looking at this part, Technic, Arm 2 x 5 with 1/4 Gear 8 Tooth Double Bevel, and I figure it should be simple enough to use it to flip something to one side, but I'd like to know if anyone has tried doing this in a Technic creation of (...) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  New Quad - Quadra Mech .3

(6 URLs) enjoy. (URL) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !

  Re: What's the difference?

(...) Yeah I suppose it would be, because you would have two different sets of gears that could both be changed. So in that way they'd be the same. The trick is to not duplicate ratio's because that's a waste. (18 years ago, 22-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's the difference?

(...) Is it something like the front and rear sprockets of a 10+ speed bike? I know there are frequently duplications of gear ratios there. (18 years ago, 22-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's the difference?

(...) That makes a lot of sense. The configurations I was coming up with in my head, tended to duplicate ratio's I already had. Steve (18 years ago, 21-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's the difference?

(...) I don't know any details about splitters, but if the difference in ratio of the 2 gears in the splitter is smaller than the difference between any of the standard gears, then it would create ratios between the standard gears as per Glen's (...) (18 years ago, 21-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's the difference?

(...) I've read all the replies and they seem to contradict each other, so I think I'll further define my question. If the splitter is an add on in front of the gear box how does it's internal mechanism give a ratio half way in between the gears. (18 years ago, 21-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's the difference?

Hello Bob, For as far as I can tell this is the line up: motor - clutch - splitter - gearbox - range change - cardan axle - driven axles Greetings Maico Arts Bob Fay schreef: (...) (18 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's the difference?

(...) Hey Steve, I think the best way that I can describe the difference is by explaining how the gear shift on a Semi works...I have this knowledge.. I drive one! Hmmm...imagine a four speed standard transmission on a car.. neutral would be in the (...) (18 years ago, 21-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's the difference?

"Maico Arts" <lego@t-hok.nl> wrote in message news:JADAwy.296@lugnet.com... (...) This "splitter" may well occur in the differential. When the lever on the shifter is changed the differential shifts gears giving a lower or higher ratio to the (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's the difference?

Hello Steve, I would explain it like this: A gearbox with 4 gears forward plus 1 reverse with range change will give 4 lower gears and 4 upper gears, thus giving 8 gears forward. The splitter makes it possible to split these 8 gears when the truck (...) (18 years ago, 16-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  What's the difference?

Between a splitter and a range change on a truck gearbox? I know what the difference is functionally, what I want to know is the mechanical difference. I've tried Google without much luck. Thanks. Steve (18 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) Cant wait for next Christmas... Steve (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote: I will be (...) Try never. That would be both brilliant and invaluable, which is why it will never happen. I hope to be proved wrong. Steve the pessimist. (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) The new tracks are awesome! It may be harder to place 1x flat plates on then to make wide tracks, but they already apper to be 5 studs wide by themselves. The teeth are closer to bicycle gear teeth (rounded teeth and vallies) so they may (...) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) I did!What do you think of the new track design?..Me thinks the track will slip too much off of the designed gear if not under tension..and when trying to do a 3 point turn like a CAT does....maybe not..hmmmmmm.Look for some photos late (...) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) Correction: he did the basic design for the snowmobile but someone else did the track design- just in case anyone actually read my last post. (18 years ago, 8-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) I was thinking that myself. I wonder if Lego have already designed the family of sprocket sizes or whether they design them only "on demand". If Jake Mckee was still around I'd ask him. Lego might have a policy to complete the whole system (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) 28. (...) Four. (...) Glad everybody enjoyed the pics! Tim (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) Yes the piece is exactly like you described. The bar is the standard size, and a minifig can hold it as a shield. The 2 holds are exacted 3 wide. You can pass axle and pins through them and the half pin will latch perfectly. The whole piece is (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) It does look like that bar peice. Nice to see TLG maintain a standard, however the linking socket must then be bigger than the standard "clip" items so that friction between the links is minimised. It seems limiting that there is only one (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) They seem like they'd be great for a lot of "stuff". The edges of the tread itself are just a bit thinner than a tile, so they should slide in the groove of the '1x4 brick with groove' piece. The sprockets that drive the chain have good grip, (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) I think we have Nathanael Kuipers to thank for the snowmobile and the new track design. (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) I saw a copy of this set get built right in front of me at last night's NELUG meeting, and I had a chance to check out those new link pieces myself. I must admit that I wasn't testing for compatibility, but the holes are at standard stud (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) A continuous track requires a hollow behind the bar in the horizontal plane to allow for idler gears or the sprocket, which would determine what you could connect too. You could of course attach parts that don't meet these criteria to the ends (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) There is an interesting discussion about these parts here: (URL) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) Well that new "link"... (URL) looks like its now the size of standard "bar" items... like these... (URL) Can anyone confirm or deny that? If so, I could see that part being used for much more, in many other builds, aside from just something (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Amazing new part!

I've just stumbled across this post (URL) and apparently the snow mobiles track is made up of a new track! You can see it on this picture. (URL) It appears to be five wide with two stud holes! I wonder if it can withstand more load before snapping (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Live steam Lego locomotive

"David Wegmuller" <david@wegmuller.org> wrote in message news:J9q2E0.ovE@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks for sharing this. I really enjoyed seeing Lego performing in this special MOC. Much fun! Bob Fay (URL) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Live steam Lego locomotive

(...) Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Rob! (Temporal) Anomalessly Yours, * (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Live steam Lego locomotive

"David Wegmuller" <david@wegmuller.org> wrote in message news:J9q2E0.ovE@lugnet.com... (...) I'm in the future and sent this message back through time to let you know I enjoyed seeing this engine. :P -Rob www.brickmodder.net (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Live steam Lego locomotive

Hi, Pictures and movie here: (URL) is my latest (and most successful) attempt at building such a thing. This particular model runs on Gauge 1 track but could be regauged to run on Lego track by switching to an outside frame structure. It uses 8 (...) (18 years ago, 3-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Need a new curator for .Technic

(...) I'd second that, I think Rosco would make a good curator. Steve (18 years ago, 1-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Need a new curator for .Technic

(...) I'm happy to take it on TJ. ROSCO (18 years ago, 1-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Need a new curator for .Technic

All, I'm currently the curator for this group, and I wish to pass the curatorship to anyone who is up for the task. Please reply here or email me and we can contact the admins. best, TJ Avery (18 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Rahkshi USB drive

Ever since NW BrickCon, where one of the Dirty Brickster gifts was a modified USB thumb drive embedded into a 2x6 LEGO brick, I've wanted to try playing with something like that. So, with all the good deals on personal electronics last weekend, I (...) (18 years ago, 28-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  YouTube Group For LEGO Machines

Hello! I've started a YouTube group for motorized LEGO MOCs: (URL) Check out the vids that are up there & join the group if you love mechanized LEGO, mindstorms, technic, etc! Cheers, Ben (18 years ago, 28-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 100% LEGO Technic Clock with Electric Drive

(...) Thanks, "OC." Now I feel like a real troll, fishing that compliment out of you! As you can probably tell, this clock is supposed to look like nothing more than a clock. An antique granddaughter clock or something similar. Pretty bland from the (...) (18 years ago, 22-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 100% LEGO Technic Clock with Electric Drive

(...) Man, I hate chasing posts to other groups, but for you Chris, I must. This is a nice looking new clock, but I must admit that it won't fit into a town as well as the old one :) Chris (18 years ago, 22-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 100% LEGO Technic Clock with Electric Drive

Not content with a clock mechanism that was 12 studs wide, I completely redesigned the reduction geartrain yesterday, resulting in a mechanism that is only 8 studs wide. There is much less friction in this new design than in the previous one, so it (...) (18 years ago, 21-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  100% LEGO Technic Clock with Electric Drive

I've spent the past few days refining the design of my (URL) Technic clock>. I've managed to convert it to electric drive (using a 9V micro motor) which enabled me to get rid of the 2-lb. weight and string. This made it possible to further reduce (...) (18 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Erik's Countach

Since Erik does not appear to be tuting his own horn, I will do it for him. (URL) appears to have all of the functions of the older supercar designs by TLC and it looks just like a Countach. Good work Erik! (18 years ago, 17-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic compressor

(...) So that's self-and-dave proclaimed guru... Dave K (18 years ago, 16-Nov-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic compressor

(...) Self proclaimed guru.... ;^) (...) (18 years ago, 15-Nov-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Steering Configuration on Large Vehicle - Where to Begin?

(...) Hi Pat, Well I think the 8860 is a great place to start. That configuration could hold a lot of weight, do you have any idea how much you need to support? (URL) (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Steering Configuration on Large Vehicle - Where to Begin?

Hi Technic Gurus! I'm starting what I consider to be an ambitious project -- My area of "expertise" (if you will) is Classic Space, but I am considering a large space vehicle with potential dimensions of 22 studs width and between 64 and 80 studs (...) (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: If you're going to use the LEGO capacitor....

(...) Nice Video Dave. I assume you shot the video at the Hobby show? If you listen closely, you can hear Chris Magno's laugh and faintly hear Janey talking (towards the end of the clip). Ben. (18 years ago, 12-Nov-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic cylinder/pump

Well I've just built this, and I can say that with a minor modification the pump works fine. You need to join the outputs from the two switches depicted through a third switch to prevent pressure being lost through the exhaust port. However, since (...) (18 years ago, 12-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: If you're going to use the LEGO capacitor....

(...) I did! Thanks also for sharing you new compressor with RC motor... Philo (18 years ago, 10-Nov-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  If you're going to use the LEGO capacitor....

You might as well use it in style-- (URL) YouTube vid in which I connected the LEGO capacitor to a 9v motor and dropped it on the 854 go-cart chassis Yes it wasn't the original blue 854--I wasn't willing to put that one in harms way :) Anyway, (...) (18 years ago, 10-Nov-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 7905 building crane

Hey, This is, indeed, an awesome set, both as a town set and as a source of parts (31 14-long technic beams alone, not to mention other beams and technic bits, plus tons of basic bricks, plates, tiles). To me it's the porta-potty that makes the set, (...) (18 years ago, 9-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 7905 building crane

I think this is one of the best System sets to come out in quite a while. You get an amazing number and variety of pieces for a very good price, including those triangular girders (16 of them!) in yellow. I've only ever seen them in black, and that (...) (18 years ago, 9-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 7905 building crane

In lugnet.technic, Brian Davis wrote: <snip> (...) Brian, Where did you find it for $40? I keep seeing it at $50. Thanks, Rafe (18 years ago, 9-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 7905 building crane

In lugnet.technic, Brian Davis wrote: <snip> (...) Brian, Where did you find it for $40? I keep seeing it at $50? Thanks, Rafe (18 years ago, 9-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 7905 building crane

(...) pack... but I haven't been able to disassemble it yet because my kids keep playing with both (!) of them. I actually found the design and playability of the model high, with details like the weight being able to shift, the mechanism to move (...) (18 years ago, 9-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  7905 building crane

I received a Lego catalogue the other day, and there are quite a few nice sets in it but one particularly caught my eye, the 7905 building crane. (URL) it's a City set but it's got enough technic to interest us. It's full of yellow or grey studded (...) (18 years ago, 9-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic compressor

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> I forgot to mention that I did try 16t gears across, instead of 8t in the centre and 24t on the ends, and it did run. Unfortunately, not alotta torque and the compressor stalled at (...) (18 years ago, 8-Nov-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatic compressor

Going from this compressor from CSSOH (the guru of pneumatics)-- (URL) was using an RC motor to power 1 mini-pump. I used it (slightly modified) for running my new 'steam' engine, 'Big Blue'-- (URL) issue is, as pointed out by CSSOH, the cylinder (...) (18 years ago, 8-Nov-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic cylinder/pump

(...) I also have one Hempel compressor around i never put apart. I must say is the only one lego model i never put apart. Thanks Ralph! Patrick (18 years ago, 5-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic cylinder/pump

(...) You didn't know?!? It's a famous thing, man! Even Dr. Soh calls his variant a 'modified Hempel'. There's also a four-pump version, the Quad Hempel. It's all over the web- you're worldwide, baby! And, while you're reading this, let me say (...) (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic cylinder/pump

(...) Hehehe. I built one a couple years ago and have never taken it apart because it works so well -- the design is great. I keep it on hand as my pure-LEGO compressor. Once in a while I forget this and try to find my "missing" 9V motor. :) (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic cylinder/pump

(...) OMG. Is that what they are calling it now? Cheers, Ralph Hempel (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic cylinder/pump

(...) [...] (...) Pumps are cheap- way cheaper than cylinders. Just buy a few. You could get three for the cost of a case of bottled water. The price of dinner in a nice restaurant will get you a half dozen or more (depending on where you eat). (...) (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic cylinder/pump

(...) I think a much better solution would be to combine an old red "low friction" cylinder with the old one way air brick. (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatic cylinder/pump

Hi all. For all those who, like me, have many pneumatic cylinders, but only a limited supply of pumps, I believe I have come up with a way to get a source of air pressure, using a cylinder and two switches. I've knocked a quick circuit diagram up in (...) (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Wheel loader JCB456

(...) Hey guy thanks for your comments so far. They are much appreciated! I forget to mention that the loader's grab is self levelling. Having just got back into technic about a year ago, I am now starting to see the benefits of many of the newer (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Wheel loader JCB456

(...) Phatalicious! It looks like you covered all the necessary bases as far as functions and it looks very efficient. That should go on the Lugnet sidebar. Jon Fors forest tractor/excavator has a buddy now. (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Wheel loader JCB456

"Mervyn Tomb" <mtomb@tesco.net> wrote in message news:J7z7I7.LL6@lugnet.com... (...) I cannot stop checking this out. What a beautiful and well thought out machine. It is so impressive to see so much functional pneumatics packed into a small space, (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Wheel loader JCB456

Hey folks, just letting you know that I have finished my latest and greatest MOC. It is a wheeled loader, based on a JCB 456 machine. Scaled to powerpuller wheels. Photos of it can be found at (URL) Features are as follows: Pneumatic control from (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact