 Technic / 15496
Re: 8466 4 X 4 HELP!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:07:25 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Robert C. Peterson wrote:

I am sure that it is assembled correctly, but it sure doesn't work very well.

Any recommendations or help would be appreciated.

Like Tim said in his reply, if gears are snapping, it's not assembled correctly.
While 8466 isn't the best drive system, it does work when assembled correctly.
You should be able to push it along on the floor in any gear and it should work
fairly smoothly.

From the sounds & location of gear slipping you described, are you sure that you
don't have one of the differentials installed backwards?  If one is backwards,
this would make the front and rear axles drive in opposite directions, causing
the gears to slip at the location you described.  Pick up the truck and spin one
axle (both tires).  Does the other axle drive in the same direction?  With as
many times as the directions flip assemblies around in 8466, this is an easy
mistake to make.

Once you get it figured out, we want to see pictures please!

Good Luck,

John